PDA

View Full Version : Hi new here

bm2001
11-07-13, 15:49
:weep:I was looking around for sites that deal with anxiety/panic disorder and found this one. I have been reading a lot of the posts here and it has helped to know that I am not alone with this. I have been suffering with panic and anxiety off and on for about 8 years. The last year has been really bad and I have just stated on Prozac. Been on the meds for almost 3 weeks.

SarahH
11-07-13, 15:57
:welcome:

You will get lots of support on here.....I have

Sarah

bm2001
11-07-13, 17:03
Thanks Sarah, I hope so because I am getting really tired of always feeling on the verge of a panic attack. And when I'm not panicking I am always on edge because I am afraid another one will happen.

Speranza
11-07-13, 17:41
Hi there! We are Prozac buddies - I'm on Day 22. :welcome:

bm2001
11-07-13, 19:13
Did you find that the prozac has a lot of side effects. Part of me thinks i shouldn't have read the side effects because i tend to dwell on things like that. But ever since i started the prozac i notice that i sweat a lot without even doing anything and i have no appetite. I literally have to force my self to eat. I feel like i get hungry but when i try to eat nothing looks appealing.

Speranza
11-07-13, 19:41
I've been pretty lucky. The first few days I slept and slept (I had been sleep-deprived). Now my sleep is a little disturbed. I had a horrible headache on and off for the first 8 days or so. I think my appetite is a little affected. And I seem to have a weird sense of time at the moment, like it is stretching out. And I also notice my memory has gaps in. But nothing major. I am definitely beginning to feel calmer.