PDA

View Full Version : Propanolol

chantelle
11-07-13, 18:10
Have just been to see doctor who prescribed propranolol, instead of buspirone, in addition to cipralex as she feels my most severe problems are anxiety related & buspirone wasn't helping.
I am hoping for a breakthrough with these as have been on cipralex 4 months so would love to hear from anyone who has taken them :unsure:

Pipkin
11-07-13, 18:43
I take them as and when needed. They're great for easing the physical symptoms like the tight stomach feeling, shaking and palpitations. You should notice a difference after half an hour or so.

Pip

chantelle
11-07-13, 23:17
Thanks pip....really needed to hear that atm. Do they help with the 'dread' feeling or being emotional....felt calmer after I had taken 1st tablet but still feel like crying now xxx

AuntieMoosie
11-07-13, 23:32
Hello :)

Propranolol doesn't do anything to improve your mood as such, but it is extremely helpful at taking away those physical anxiety symptoms :)

I've been taken it for years now, I take 40 mg twice a day, and I wouldn't be without it.

It wont stop you feeling anxious, but it will stop all those horrible physical symptoms, when you do.

My doctor asked me what was the worst symptom I felt when I was anxious or panicky, I told him palpitations and breathlessness and he said I can give you something to help you with that, and I've honestly never looked back.

I also tried buspirone but it really never did anything to help me, so I would definitely recommend trying the propranolol as that is very beneficial to many people with anxiety/panic attacks :)

chantelle
11-07-13, 23:57
Thanks Auntie Moosie....I do feel much calmer and don't have the muscle tension/on edge feeling or the lump in my throat feeling so I am hopeful that I'll be able to be more positive when trying to cope with feeling low x