PDA

View Full Version : I've done a stupid thing help!

GirlAfraid23
11-07-13, 20:03
I just accidentally clicked follow on my ex's twitter page!
I quickly unfollowed but it was too late, apparently the email saying I'm following them will still come up.

What have I done?! I'm so embarrassed :( I haven't seen him in around 2 years properly. Gah!! I hate myself sometimes.

jayjoe18
11-07-13, 20:09
Oh no, I hate when you accidently like something! I don't think there is anything you can do now, they do send an email automatically but fingers crossed he won't read the email!

GirlAfraid23
11-07-13, 20:36
I am so embarrassed help!

Stormsky
11-07-13, 20:40
Just forget it.. No big deal

nomorepanic
11-07-13, 21:06
There is nothing you can do now so not sure how we can help to be honest.

Just forget it and move on from it.

GirlAfraid23
11-07-13, 21:40
He will think I'm an absolute idiot.
A normal person could shrug this off but my anxiety is taking over again!

Col
11-07-13, 22:16
Follow him & just casually say, your starting your own buisness & want to spread the word. And then unfollow?

daisydaisy
11-07-13, 22:57
Great advice from Col- we've all been there- it's the Facebook age I think we all know far too much after break ups for my liking because of this but I have been there. Don't worry it's just anxiety making it feel much worse than it is. Xx

Pipkin
12-07-13, 06:43
I wouldn't worry too much. Just because someone's an ex doesn't mean you're not interested in how they are and what they're doing. It's certainly nothing to be embarrassed about.

Pip

times71
12-07-13, 08:03
Social networking sites.. enough said.

Speranza
12-07-13, 09:18
Not being flippant, but if a normal person could shrug it off, why not just pretend to be a normal person? (In fact you are of course...)

I have done a lot of 'fake it til you make it' and most people who know me have never had any idea of how panicky I get at times. Seriously. It can be done.

MrCupOfT
14-07-13, 03:13
You can always Block them and also add additional Filter Rules to the emails that just send the email to the trash bin or even deletes them. I have loads of them to triage the emails I get sents. It allows me to deal with the important and interest stuff in my own time.