PDA

View Full Version : Jolts as dropping off to sleep

Mckane07
11-07-13, 20:46
Keep getting these adrenaline jolts just as I'm dropping off to sleep. I'm guessing its from being over tired and not enough sleep

Sarahlou85
11-07-13, 21:56
Hi there I get these all the time you get these just going into sleep don't panic honestly x i'm in the process of waiting for a sleep study as I do alsorts of crazy stuff in my sleep anxiety and stress play a vital role in a lot of stuff take it easy Sarah x

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

P.s they are called some like hypnotic jerk x

rb1978
11-07-13, 22:20
Don't know what causes these but I get them. I went for a couple of years suffering in silence, too terrified to mention them to a doctor because I was convinced it was a brain tumour or MS. Then one day I did ask the Dr about them and she said they were fairly common and nothing whatsoever to worry about.

Speranza
11-07-13, 22:53
I read many years ago they were due to electricity firing in the synapses... My daughter (the one who studies brains) says they are something to do with residual activity in the motor cortex and are NOT DANGEROUS. :)

Pipkin
11-07-13, 23:13
They are very common and completely normal. I think nearly everyone gets them.

Pip

ladybug51
11-07-13, 23:55
Hi folks, these jolts are when the Brain tries to drop into REM sleep, it can often feel like stepping off a curb and dropping down , it makes the body jerk. Completely normal.

:hugs: