PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour anxiety making me nervous to go out tomorrow :(

anxious_thoughts
11-07-13, 23:32
I have many brain tumour symptoms, my common ones are head pains and dizziness. I noticed that when I'm doing something I don't really notice my symptoms as much.

I'm having major anxiety over tomorrow though because I'm going out dancing/drinking with a few friends and I'm just so nervous that I'll start getting dizzy. Dizziness really makes my anxiety go to a high. Anyone going through the same thing can give me some advice?

Stormsky
11-07-13, 23:36
If you had a brain tumour, symptoms wouldn't go away just because your distracted.
Drinking isn't advisable with Anx, may make your symptoms worse...
I used to get dizziness every day, numbness in head, sharp stabbing head pains...all anxiety and tension linked..
I don't suffer Anx anymore, and symptoms all gone.

anxious_thoughts
11-07-13, 23:41
Hello, thanks for the advice.
I don't drink to the point where I'm hungover the next day. Maybe 3 drinks at the most over a period of time. I just sometimes even get them when I'm distracted, I've had head pains for over 10 years but the dizziness only started about 3 months ago, it makes me so nervous that something bad is going to happen :(

farley1109
11-07-13, 23:43
hi, I've avoided going out on nights out with friends to clubs for the last year due to all my symptoms dizziness, achey muscles ect.. it sucks!.. go out and try to enjoy it like u said when your distracted you don't notice the symptoms!.. x

nomorepanic
11-07-13, 23:49
I think you know that you can't have a brain tumour deep down as these things don't just stop when you are distracted.

Go out and have a great night

AuntieMoosie
11-07-13, 23:55
Hi there :)

It sounds like you've been and got yourself too educated on brain tumor symptoms. Do you go seeing Dr Google regularly? if so, that will not be helping you at all :)

You don't say whether you been to see your doctor about your symptoms?? If you have, what did they advise you??

You've answered your own question, in a way, already, when you say that you don't notice your symptoms when you are busy doing other things.

I'm not a doctor, but I would suspect that if you had a brain tumor, the symptoms would be there constantly no matter what you were doing, and also probably getting worse, as you would be extremely ill if you had a brain tumor.

Sadly, when we're up against anxiety, our minds can play all sorts of weird and wonderful tricks on us. I know this because I was grade 1 with a diploma in being able to scare myself half to death!!!! lol

If you wake up every morning, I'll bet the first thing that you think about are your symptoms, 2 things will usually happen then. 1) you will start waiting for the symptoms to start and 2) you will then get very anxious, will breath a little too quickly and then you will have the dizziness along with other symptoms, none of which would be to do with a brain tumor, but would all be to do with your anxiety :)

What is it that frightens you so much about being dizzy?? It's very helpful to try to work these things out because then you can challenge your own thoughts and change your own thought patterns so that you learn not to be frightened :)

I think you should got out with your friends, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

If, when you are out, you notice that you're feeling a little dizzy, try saying to yourself "okay I feel a little dizzy but it's only because I'm feeling a little anxious, nothing bad is going to happen, it will pass in a minute and I'll be fine" then just let it pass over you, then you can build on that, because you will then remember that nothing bad did happen, it did go and it was only anxiety, that will build up your confidence and make you feel much more in control.

I hope this helps a bit :)

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

lol.........everyone beat me to it.........so long writing my post.......brain cells need sleep badly :roflmao:

Stormsky
11-07-13, 23:58
Do you remember being dizzy was fun when you were a kid! Being spun around and around until you were so dizzy you fell over.

anxious_thoughts
15-07-13, 04:48
I think you know that you can't have a brain tumour deep down as these things don't just stop when you are distracted.

Go out and have a great night

Hi Nicola,

I had a great night/weekend with barely any worries :)

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Hi there :)

It sounds like you've been and got yourself too educated on brain tumor symptoms. Do you go seeing Dr Google regularly? if so, that will not be helping you at all :)

You don't say whether you been to see your doctor about your symptoms?? If you have, what did they advise you??

You've answered your own question, in a way, already, when you say that you don't notice your symptoms when you are busy doing other things.

I'm not a doctor, but I would suspect that if you had a brain tumor, the symptoms would be there constantly no matter what you were doing, and also probably getting worse, as you would be extremely ill if you had a brain tumor.

Sadly, when we're up against anxiety, our minds can play all sorts of weird and wonderful tricks on us. I know this because I was grade 1 with a diploma in being able to scare myself half to death!!!! lol

If you wake up every morning, I'll bet the first thing that you think about are your symptoms, 2 things will usually happen then. 1) you will start waiting for the symptoms to start and 2) you will then get very anxious, will breath a little too quickly and then you will have the dizziness along with other symptoms, none of which would be to do with a brain tumor, but would all be to do with your anxiety :)

What is it that frightens you so much about being dizzy?? It's very helpful to try to work these things out because then you can challenge your own thoughts and change your own thought patterns so that you learn not to be frightened :)

I think you should got out with your friends, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

If, when you are out, you notice that you're feeling a little dizzy, try saying to yourself "okay I feel a little dizzy but it's only because I'm feeling a little anxious, nothing bad is going to happen, it will pass in a minute and I'll be fine" then just let it pass over you, then you can build on that, because you will then remember that nothing bad did happen, it did go and it was only anxiety, that will build up your confidence and make you feel much more in control.

I hope this helps a bit :)

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

lol.........everyone beat me to it.........so long writing my post.......brain cells need sleep badly :roflmao:

Hello, thanks so much for the response.

I have been to two doctors about my symptoms in the last 4 months. Both have stated that it is anxiety. Although, it still doesn't really explain why I keep getting head pains when I lie on my sides. But I feel that it's good to hear from two doctors that they think it's just plain old anxiety. :)

When you say the symptoms would be here all the time, and would get worse, that's exactly what both doctors told me. Haha, I have to force myself to think that too, but I find it so hard. It's like I get one symptom and BAM my heart starts racing, and I just can't control these terrible thoughts about brain tumours.

The thing that bothers me most about the dizziness is the way it feels. It really scares me, and it also makes me worry that something bad is going to happen along with this symptom. (Luckily, I've only felt dizzy once this week) :)

I went out Friday and had a great time, I kept everything you told me in mind. I actually didn't feel dizzy at all. I kind of got a scare after taking two sips of a whiskey sour I felt burning in the centre of my chest, inbetween my breast, but lower closer to the top of my stomach. It seemed to stay there all night, I stopped drinking after because I got nervous something would happen to my heart.

I start CBT group therapy tomorrow, and of course I'm nervous as ever!! Even though I know deep down I'll be fine. Haha, ohhh anxiety.

THanks again :)

Take care xx