PDA

View Full Version : Fear Of Having An Aneurysm (PART 2)

JustBenn
12-07-13, 00:19
Hi there,

This is my second thread about this topic, I created one back in 2010 when I was 17, I'm just approaching my 20th Birthday, anyway, I was watching a film and Aneurysm came up and I started questioning it again,

I remembered for a year or so now, everytime I am constipated and have to strain on the toilet, I sometimes feel a numb pressure on the left side of my head, I use to think it was probably nothing, but now I am questioning it, as it might not happen to other people and it might not be normal, as it never happen 2 years before,

I don't know what to do,
I rarely get headaches, and when I do its mild, I only feel the presure when im straining on the toilet, not anytime else,

Is it worth going to the doctors about?
What would they do?

Please can someone chat to me about this, feeling scared and anxious!

nomorepanic
12-07-13, 00:31
If you go the doctors they are going to tell you to improve your diet so you don't get constipated to be honest!

JustBenn
12-07-13, 00:33
If you go the doctors they are going to tell you to improve your diet so you don't get constipated to be honest!

Hi,
Is the pressure feeling I get on the left side of my head normal?

I just strained just to test it out, and now i'm even more scared after I saw this,

"My Dad ate very unhealthily. Lots of soda; lots of red meat; lots of starch (pasta/potatoes/breads). He was constipated one day. Strained on the toilet & got 2 anyerisms (sp). He's been in a Nursing home ever since. the surgery was not effective, & messed him up even worse. I now practice vegetarianism."

I'm scared I just created an aneurysm doing this!

nomorepanic
12-07-13, 00:42
It is highly unlikely - that person would have had the problem before going to the loo I would expect.

What on earth are the sites you are googling lol

JustBenn
12-07-13, 00:44
It is highly unlikely - that person would have had the problem before going to the loo I would expect.

What on earth are the sites you are googling lol

I usually get my sources from Yahoo Answers lol!

nomorepanic
12-07-13, 00:51
Do NOT use that site.

Only use reputable sites like the NHS or BUPA etc

JustBenn
12-07-13, 03:26
Do NOT use that site.

Only use reputable sites like the NHS or BUPA etc

Ok I won't use it anymore, but you were right though!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070513161607AAgIfBx

joelhall
12-07-13, 09:04
The sensation you describe is a result of blood pressure increase, analogous to the valsalva manoeuver. Headaches aren't really a sign of aneurysms.

jasonp
12-07-13, 17:05
What would be a sign of aneurysms?

JustBenn
12-07-13, 17:08

Is this a question for me?

jasonp
12-07-13, 17:14
No was just asking generally, I thought maybe joelhall might know as he is good with the medical stuff :)

joelhall
12-07-13, 17:15
I don't think it would be wise to start listing symptoms or clinical signs on here, as that invariably leads people to panic that they have them.

jasonp
12-07-13, 17:17
Yes you're right! Sorry all, very inconsiderate question of mine.

JustBenn
12-07-13, 17:17
The sensation you describe is a result of blood pressure increase, analogous to the valsalva manoeuver. Headaches aren't really a sign of aneurysms.

Is that dangerous?

joelhall
12-07-13, 17:23
Not usually dangerous no, simply a fairly standard reaction to contracting muscles.

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Yes you're right! Sorry all, very inconsiderate question of mine.
It's ok, I'm just aware that many people will see them and start looking for symptoms. What I will say is that if symptoms are present (which they usually aren't), they are the sort of things people would go straight to the doctor about.
As for ruptured aneurysms - you'd know if it happened, believe me!