PDA

View Full Version : swollen gland

Wonderwoman
11-10-06, 07:27
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can reassure me as I have a swollen gland at the outer edge of my right armpit and have had it for about 9 weeks. I have had cold after cold and allergies for the same amount of time on and off.............it is monsoon season here and everybody is sick.

I have been to the Doctor and he said it is quite normal and may stay swollen for months but of course I am terrified it is something sinister - mostly breast cancer or lymphoma.

Can anyone else relate and or reassure me...............pleassssse?

Thank you.

strawberrie
11-10-06, 11:19
hi, i had a swollen gland in my neck which was there for months, if not years. Swollen glands are quite common so please dont worry too much about it.

I also had one on the upper inside of my arm (near my armpit) which i was worried sick could be breast cancer, but the doctor took one look at it and said it was nothing to worry about - it has since gone back down.

If you are feeling particularly worried i would go back to the doctor and explain to him what it is you are worried about and i'm sure he would be able to reassure you.

take care
mag

Wonderwoman
11-10-06, 11:39
Thank you so much Mag,

I realllllllllllllly appreciate you taking the time to respond. You have helped reassure me that its just a combination of cold season and the havoc anxiety reeks on our poor immune systems.

Thanks so much again.

Sharon

Rennie1989
11-10-06, 12:04
I just a swollen gland near my neck when I have a cold, it hurts too!

I hope you recover from your cold soon, everyone is infected with them there!!

AKA Scooter Girl

Phill2
11-10-06, 12:22
Hi Sharon
Given the climate over there could it be a blocked sweat gland?
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Melxxx
11-10-06, 18:14
Hi I've had a swollen gland in my neck been their for six weeks now it was due to some dental problems I had. Even though thats all been sorted out the glands are still swollen. Try not worry sometimes these glands can take some time to go down.

PS I am visiting Vietnam December 2007 really looking forward too it will the monsoon season be over in December?

Hope you feel better soon

Mel

Wonderwoman
14-10-06, 06:53
Thank you all for your replies your reassurance means the world to me..................I guess it will go down when its good and ready. In the mean time I will not google and keep taking my vitamins.

Sharon

Ps........Mel - December is a beautiful time in Viet Nam - cooler in the South and no rain. Stay in touch and maybe we can catch up when you visit.

Melxxx
14-10-06, 17:50
Would love to keep in touch I will PM you my email

Mel xx