PDA

View Full Version : New dog, cleaning OCD's ect..

phil06
12-07-13, 00:28
My parents got a new dog and it's still at puppy training stage and I'm worried about the place being unclean or touching any pee or anything. Even walking I get paranoid any gets on my jeans even from the floor. I worry about the smell catching onto my clothes or laminate floor upstairs even where the dog isn't in the room.

I have similar OCD's with toilet bowl water any splashes, or I fear even flushing it will hit me or make me contaminated.

Anybody else get this? :blush:

phil06
14-07-13, 01:41
Anybody help? I keep worrying as it pops everywhere and if is not to properly clean it
Will contaminate everywhere in the house.

Invisibletouch
14-07-13, 10:25
Hi there....fear of germ contamination makes up one of the largest OCD groups, so you are not alone. It's very difficult to avoid a new puppy when its part of your household, and i can understand that this is going to cause you anxiety. I don't know if you are having any CBT therapy for this, but it can really help.
Our dogs and cats are a major part of our family, and the cats especially made a huge difference for the good, to my son who has OCD, when he was very poorly. I will say that once your puppy gets over the house training stage, which hopefully won't be too long, things should get easier.

Take care....

phil06
16-09-13, 00:28
Update:

It's still not toilet trained and seems to randomly poo on carpets, shoes and towels which makes my anxiety more. My parents use disinfectant but are less keen to throw away anything or clean as much as I would. When I move out I probably won't have pets but I have to stay at home at the moment.

It's poo'd or wet every part of the house carpet now so I feel no place is totally clean in the house?