PDA

View Full Version : have i torn a muscle?

sandralynn92
12-07-13, 02:37
for the past few months i have posted about having a heavy feeling in my legs. i forgot to mention i am a slight runner, i used to run 3 miles a day but suddenly stopped

i noticed that my legs started to feel heavy after trying to run again and i panicked for the longest time thinking something was wrong with my legs

i have tied the pain to a possible injury. i visited New York City and walked around the city for 12 hours one day and after that my legs started to hurt i badly again. some days not so much

i tried running a mile and a half the other day but felt extreme pain in my entire legs

the only way i can describe the feeling is my legs feel heavy, and they're sore to the touch and it hurts when i stretch. i am wondering if i have pulled muscles in my legs and didn't realize so they haven't had time to heal

i'm hoping i am not crazy :weep:

joelhall
12-07-13, 08:59
Basic muscle damage which causes soreness, it's very common. If you tear a muscle, you generally have a 'ripping' pain and purple bruising at the area.

Basically you need to warm up and cool down properly to prevent cumulative muscle damage.