PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me?

Tinker28
12-07-13, 20:08
Hi there?

I was doing so good too! I thought I had MS for sure a little while ago. I did have an MRI and the doctor was looking at my facial sensation as maybe a brain tumour so he sent me for an MRI, in my appointment that day I mentioned could it be MS? He said that is what the MRI will tell us. So I was worried the whole time leading up to my appointment for my MRI. Now my MRI came back normal, and I mention to my doc that maybe my Facial sensation could be from my TMJ I know I have that and I know I have mindgrains. I do get double vision from time to time it o ly lasts a few seconds usually. The doctor has said in the past that my double vision is from my mindgrains. I read on google that ms is so hard to diagnose and MRI may not diagnose you. I'm back to worrying about ms once again.

Can anyone help me? Please?

aggiecuttler
12-07-13, 20:18
oh try not to fret at least your mri was ok thats a good thing, go back to the dr if you are worried you could try keeping a diary to see if you are doing something or eating something which is affecting you, migraines are funny things and throw up a multitude of symptoms so it could be a result of that blessings

Gee
12-07-13, 20:55
I believe what it means is a MRI may show an abnormality, a lesion but it might not be ms so ten they do further testing but a clear MRI I think means ur ok - I've been in the same position, I must say sometimes this forum can make me more anxious when I read things like this but I need to trust the doctor and so do u xxx

joelhall
12-07-13, 21:00
The symptoms are a little vague for MS, but if there was demyelination it should have been picked up by the MRI.

Tinker28
12-07-13, 22:19
That's what I thought. Even when I went in after my MRI to see my doctor and he told me my MRI was normal I was relieved, he asked me what I thought I had and I told him MS he didn't think that and left it at that. I do trust my doctor, but when my symptoms come back I question everything all over again. I don't want to put myself and others through this nightmare again. I just want to stay positive and calm so far neither one is easy for me to do.

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

That's what I thought. Even when I went in after my MRI to see my doctor and he told me my MRI was normal I was relieved, he asked me what I thought I had and I told him MS he didn't think that and left it at that. I do trust my doctor, but when my symptoms come back I question everything all over again. I don't want to put myself and others through this nightmare again. I just want to stay positive and calm so far neither one is easy for me to do.