PDA

View Full Version : Crying a lot

chantelle
12-07-13, 21:05
Can anyone help me....I seem to cry a lot at the minute....life just seems so hard and when I try to distract myself by spending time with others it makes me feel even more 'abnormal' as they all seem to be enjoying themselves and I can't seem to join in even if I want to as I am in my own wee world....I hate my life at the minute and just feel that this is never going to end!!! I just can't seem to keep being positive even though I try to be...I'm just so sick of fighting/struggling every day.
I have been on cipralex for 3 1/2 months and took buspirone alongside for the past 6-7 weeks but Dr has now prescribed me propranolol instead of the buspirone as she doesn't feel I am making much progress. Sorry for being a moaning Minnie but I'd really appreciate any words of comfort or encouragement as I need a breakthrough soon.
How do you stop the tears or feeling sad :weep:

PanchoGoz
12-07-13, 21:12
I wouldn't stop them at all. I'm the same after going through a lot of loss. I want to cry a lot of the time and sometimes I just do. Crying isi a symptom of how you feel. Change what's causing you to feel that way to stop the crying, it might just be you need a good rest.

chantelle
12-07-13, 21:15
Thanks for your reply....much appreciated

Tessar
12-07-13, 21:50
Chantelle, the last thing I would describe you as is a moaning Minnie. If you can, it's best not to give yourself negative labels lie that. Instead, lets look at a more positive description of you and base it in facts..... Such as .....
You are a very supportive and kind person who regularly encourages other members on NMP. You welcome new members and generally do what you can to help others (even though you have troubles of your own). This is a true reflection of your value here.
Pancho's advice is right........ I couldn't have put it better myself.
When I was in therapy, I recall saying similar things to my therapist about hearing other people who were happy but I didn't feel connected to it at all. I just wanted to be happy like them. I thought it was odd that she didn't focus on that. I realised later what made the difference and helped me be happy again, was the work I did elsewhere. Identifying what was behind my depression and then gradually re-establishing my feelings of self-worth and challenging myself to start doing the things I was fearful of. Eventually it came together. Amazing what you can achieve really. And, Chantelle, that can be you too.
So you keep at it Chantelle. Be positive about yourself, tell those negative thoughts to get lost. They are not welcome. When you least expect it, you will get that breakthrough you are waiting for. It can seem a long wait, but you will get there.