PDA

View Full Version : skin sensations scaring me

lindajane1971
12-07-13, 22:09
hi everyone,

for the last couple of days i have been feeling a sensation of heat on my skin, on my forearm, it feels like there is a source of heat directly pointing to it, but its subtle, like if you slowly breathe on your own skin, it feels like that, it comes and goes and is staying in roughly the same area, and its starting to scare me that something is really wrong with me!!!

trying really hard not to google so came here for some advice please.

(im not on any medication, not changed any products in the house and not been sunburned)

Freaked
12-07-13, 23:11
Warm skin sensations are pretty common with anxiety. Misbehaving nerves can cause sensations of hot, cold, tingling, numbness or pain. Where exactly is it on your arm?

lindajane1971
12-07-13, 23:13
In a area between my wrist and elbow

Anxious_gal
13-07-13, 03:18
I get hot sensations, sometimes the skin even turns red, I get them in random places and sometimes it burns like sunburn.

I get ice cool sensations too.

Do you think maybe you got a bit sun burnt? Or else it's just one of those annoying but harmless things : )

KeeKee
13-07-13, 08:52
Hi,

I get cold and prickling sensations too. Doc said theyre normal.

joelhall
13-07-13, 12:17
There are lots of causes of sensations like this. The most common are anxiety and stress related illness, however, perhaps a B12/folate test by your doctor might be worthwhile.