PDA

View Full Version : Hearing voices - vacuum

scorpionwhispers
12-07-13, 23:36
Strange thing really but couldn't think where else to put it and felt the need to ask...

I have GAD, depression, panic attacks (although less so now).

I was vacuuming and heard what sounded like low voices, almost like a radio would sound like to the point where I turned the hoover off and...well no sound at all. Panicked. Panicked a bit more. Turned the hoover back on and couldn't hear the noise anymore.

Has anyone else come across this? I really need a little reassurance at this point :weep:

mike83
13-07-13, 01:19
I think its just your mind playing tricks on you, the vacuum can make lots of different frequency noises that you mind mistook for voices. When you were aware of it you didn't hear it again.

theharvestmouse
13-07-13, 10:31
Our old vaccum cleaner sounded like someone singing or humming, sometimes mechanical noises can sounds like living things, humans/animals. So you are not mad for thinking these things.

Sparkle1984
13-07-13, 15:46
I remember something similar happened to me last summer, but in my case it was the sound of the air conditioning at work. Sometimes it sounded like I could hear a noise like a heart beating and it sounded a bit creepy. It could've been the sound of my own heart beating when I was anxious. Fortunately it hasn't happened since.