PDA

View Full Version : Heat Wave

nutjob85
13-07-13, 04:52
It seems to me that a lot of people will suffer higher than normal anxiety levels today due to the predicted heat wave

I think its only right that I point out that wherever possible people affected by the heat should try to keep as cool as possible and make sure they keep well hydrated

All the best

Mark

aggiecuttler
13-07-13, 08:25
thanks for the advice Mark good to know blessings

peelio81
13-07-13, 09:22
This heat is horrible! When will it start snowing again :) I always feel a little calmer when its cold and rainy/snowy

flori
13-07-13, 09:27
While I`m really happy for people who are enjoying the hot weather, I personally don`t like it, simply because the heat and high pollen count has made my asthma worse, which adds to anxiety.

Col
13-07-13, 09:43
Ahhhh soo glad u threaded on this! A lot on here already commented about the hot days and sat in the house miserable wishing they could be out there but because of general anxiety problems can't!

My issue isn't that, it's that the heat causes my anxiety to start. If its warm that's fine , I love sunny days but at the moment this intense can't escape heat makes me feel quite clostrophobic and I'm pregnant and already feel warmer and if I feel a bit off, it just makes me feel 100 times worse.

Great advice :winks:

Speranza
13-07-13, 09:54
I'm not a hot weather person but I'm quite enjoying this - sadly I became a little bit phobic about rain after my town flooded a few years ago! In fact whenever there is heavy rain, everybody in Chesterfield looks anxious, so it's not just me!

Col
13-07-13, 15:47
I'm not a hot weather person but I'm quite enjoying this - sadly I became a little bit phobic about rain after my town flooded a few years ago! In fact whenever there is heavy rain, everybody in Chesterfield looks anxious, so it's not just me!

Speranza, you live quite close to me I'm south end of Sheffield

almamatters
13-07-13, 15:55
I do like the hot weather but it does make me anxious, I worry about random grass fires starting all over the place and animals in fields not having enough water to drink??? Anxiety makes us think things that other people would not even consider.

Col
13-07-13, 16:04
That's so true alma

gem7
13-07-13, 16:15
i hate this heat i dont like its getting hotter it does make anxiety more worse wish it would get abit more cooler as i cant take it i cant have my windows open cos of my anxiety it feel so stuffy in my room right now :frown:

almamatters
13-07-13, 17:19
i hate this heat i dont like its getting hotter it does make anxiety more worse wish it would get abit more cooler as i cant take it i cant have my windows open cos of my anxiety it feel so stuffy in my room right now :frown:

Hope I have not missed something Gem, but why can't you have your windows open?

BobbyDog
13-07-13, 19:19
I LOVE the sun, it makes me smile.:) But the humidity makes me hyperventilate.:scared15:
I will not complain, it was a long old winter and that makes me very sad.:weep:

Natasha singleton
13-07-13, 23:42
This has made me feel abit at ease as I have just woken up in a panic . Heart racing , feeling I'm going to pass out and can't breathe. I'm terrified of the heat as I had a bad incident on a beach 12 years ago. I'm at my wits end I'm praying for some cool weather . I also suffer from health anxiety which really doesn't help the situation. Don't know what to do for the best most days I feel like I'm going to collapse and die and now with this weather my anxiety has just intensified.

Col
14-07-13, 12:27
:grouphug:

ten2midnight
14-07-13, 15:17
The hot humid weather not only makes me feel worse; but now it`s given me diarrhea!.

Greldin
14-07-13, 17:03
Well, we've had a week of if now and we're all still here - nothing bad has or will happen to us. Maybe in a few more days we'll be enjoying it! :roflmao:

The air conditioning in my wife's car is completely kaput, so getting into it is like getting into an oven. Having had to be a passenger in it every day this week, I'm finding the 'ordinary' heat of the house quite cool and refreshing.