PDA

View Full Version : HA and list of tests I have had, feel I need more

almamatters
13-07-13, 15:41
I am having a bad HA day, I only have to feel a little bit ill and my HA starts to get out of hand.
Since May last year, I have had the following tests - Endoscopy, Half of a colonoscopy (got abandoned half way through), 3 ECG's, 3 Chest X-rays, 2 abdominal ultrasound, ultrasound of the liver, pelvic ultrasound, Xray of collar bone, Brain MRI, too many blood tests to mention. My head is saying that this is a lot of tests to have and that something would have shown if I had terminal cancer, my HA is saying I need more tests. I feel restless and anxious today and I hate it!!! Thanks for listening.

unsure_about_this
13-07-13, 15:57
Hi

My HA is getting worst per day, must really try and stay of the Internet looking up things, this forum is fine. It just other forums it is more scary. I do support these charities and donate a small amount of money per year.

I am bit like you I have had a sigmoidoscopy, CT scan of abdominal region, one ultrasound of abdominal, one blood test, two testicular examinations, one eye exam, about 6 abdominal exams at doctors GP (including one at walk in centre) two penile exams (was worried about having penile cancer) the same number of rectal exams (finger up bottom) two blood pressure taken. year before last 2011 was bone cancer fear, my legs started hurting walking home from the football match in the snow.

I been weigh a few times (all scales say different things) depending on what I wear etc.)

As a male I am always forever checking myself.

I am scared I have cancer but something would have shown. even though everything has come back clear. I still feel I need more exams and tests. my HA is really harming my health.

Are you getting CBT help. I am waiting for my 2nd appointment, as I had a pre appointment last month, just to get to know me.

almamatters
13-07-13, 16:02
Hi thanks for replying I had CBT about 5 years ago and it really did help but my HA is out of hand again.
My worries change all the time, having had liver cancer ruled out and a brain tumour, it is now rectal cancer and heart problems. I do feel I need more tests but am petrified to have any more, but like you I feel my life is being ruined with all this .

unsure_about_this
13-07-13, 16:44
I also forgot to add I also had a urine sample taken as well, which came back fine. this was at the walk in centre. I have also worried about my lungs and heart and the rare types of cancer. Brain tumours because of my NF, I asked one the doctors at the GP practice I attend when did I last go for a MRI scan, this was ten years ago (brain scan)

Earlier this year the dentist gave me two xrays of my mouth because I was worried about a mark on my gum, this turned out to be the root canal I had done in 2006 and have only just noticed it more so

almamatters
13-07-13, 17:31
I forgot about the urine samples I had taken and probably loads of other tests I have forgotten about , I don't think I will ever be convinced about all this to be honest. I have had HA for years now and it has improved but all it takes is a small trigger and I am all over the place again.
Good luck with the CBT I'm sure it will help you.

unsure_about_this
13-07-13, 19:18
Many thanks I think I need it. and my parents are looking forward to me starting it.

I had to push for some of these scans because of my age of 29 with no family history of cancer. just to proof there is nothing wrong with me and reassurance. I did not believe I had IBS from the 1st statement from GP.

I have only had bad HA since 2012 started with my Dad doing his bowel sample because he was 60 in 2012 and at the time the bowel cancer advert. and he was fine.

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

I don't think I would be convinced I think I could have all the tests in the world done yearly, which will probably have to been done privately. I asked my parents could I join Bupa health plan, but would probably forever wanting scans.
I still have massive concerns about bowel cancer for my age, even though nothing was found in that camera job, I am not convinced