PDA

View Full Version : Anseity when tired

staffi
13-07-13, 17:39
Hi does anybody's else's anxiety flare up when tired ?

Edie
13-07-13, 17:47
Yes, definitely! And then it's hard to get to sleep when my brain won't shut up. A vicious cycle! I try to get enough sleep and rest, but it doesn't always work very well - it helps when it does work though!

staffi
13-07-13, 17:57
Thanks for that , I've worked myself right up I feel so so sick and just want to cry errrrrrrrrrr ... I've been good for days and today I had a cat nap phone woke me up and then there it was back again :(

staffi
13-07-13, 23:45
I'm so tired but I can't seen to fall ASleep I feel sick And one minute hot next freezing cold :(

Peru83
13-07-13, 23:54
Hey,

I always tend to feel more anxious when im sleepy! plus I also find that this then winds me up I then get overly anxious and cant sleep! best way to switch off from the anxious feeling and get a sleeep? read a book or put on a movie. ..it will take u a little while to loosen up and go to sleep but I definitely find it helps me :-)

staffi
14-07-13, 00:03
Thank you I've just put tv on and taken a diazepam :)

Peru83
14-07-13, 00:14
Aww good stuff :-) You'll be drifting off in no time ;-)

staffi
14-07-13, 05:43
Well managed to get a little sleep ...
I've woken up early with upset stomach and still feeling nausea .
And still really tired errrrrrr .
This is also my day off worked a lot of hours this week so I'm
Mentally tired As well as physical ...

Speranza
14-07-13, 08:19
Absolutely, mine is worse when I'm tired. If you possibly can, try not to do that thing where you become anxious about how tired you are, and frustrated with yourself for wasting sleep time!

Over the years I have found that if I lie with my eyes closed and tell myself, "At least everything but my brain is resting" that helps an enormous amount.

staffi
14-07-13, 08:41
Omg that's just what I do .get more anxious about how tired I am :)

Speranza
14-07-13, 08:50
Hehe I'm not psychic, we all do it! That's how we set up vicious circles. I got incredibly tired a few months ago on about 2 - 3 hours' sleep a night. I finally overcame it by treating it like jetlag, going to bed anyway, lying assuring myself I was resting, and making myself get up at 7 no matter how awful I felt - in the end it regulated itself.

Edie
14-07-13, 11:35
Absolutely, mine is worse when I'm tired. If you possibly can, try not to do that thing where you become anxious about how tired you are, and frustrated with yourself for wasting sleep time!

Over the years I have found that if I lie with my eyes closed and tell myself, "At least everything but my brain is resting" that helps an enormous amount.

I also get anxious about how tired I am and that only makes it worse. Speranza's suggestion definitely helps a great deal. I hope you can get the rest you need soon.