PDA

View Full Version : sensation in my lip is ruining my life

maltahypo
14-07-13, 16:02
Hi everyone,

Hi everyone, I have been having this weird sensation at the left side of my upper lip mostly. It is not numb, it is not tingling, it feels like pulling and sometimes a very mild burn. when i wake up after sleeping on that side of the face it feels like dry and pulling but then goes away. Went to three doctors who all said that they can find nothing wrong. My anxiety has been super high since beginning of this year. I am worried it could be something life threatening and i am so lost.

Can someone relate please as I really can't live like this any more.

joelhall
14-07-13, 21:43
All I can say is it's nothing life-threatening.

maltahypo
18-07-13, 14:11
I am in such a mess right now. Sensation has moved to chin and I am so sure it is cancer.

Speranza
18-07-13, 14:40
Sounds like a nerve. Have you asked your dentist about the trigeminal nerve? Or your doctor. Maybe you have a tooth pressing on it.

joelhall
18-07-13, 16:13
It's not cancer, like you said you were lying on it when you woke up... If you apply pressure to the body then you will get these sensations.

maltahypo
18-07-13, 19:21
My sensations seem to move around my left side of face, jaw, cheek bone etc. Do you thing if it was cancer sensations would be in mobile? Also I get periods of feeling nothing.....

Speranza
19-07-13, 00:25
No, it's probably a nerve.

maltahypo
19-07-13, 06:27
I agree it is something to do with nerves but I am thinking it is some kind of tumour in my head pressing on some nerve causing this.

maltahypo
20-07-13, 09:10
After reading scared22 smelling chimney fumes, I woke up at 4am and smelt chimney fumes. Didnt sleep any more and I am doing really bad. I also have fullness feelings on my left side of my fave and in my ear sometimes. I am so afraid of brain cancer as I am concluding it is causing my sensations.

Speranza
20-07-13, 12:19
If I say vanilla ice cream maybe you will smell that instead, it is much pleasanter... You are really good at coming up with symptoms to prove your theory. So stop googling and just wake every morning saying, "Nothing killed me yesterday, it won't today."

maltahypo
20-07-13, 15:56
Wish it was that easy. After visiting doc, my sensations seem to be constant and I am freaking out.

Speranza
20-07-13, 16:50
Well it is partly that easy. You will decide at some point to be in charge of the anxiety, not the other way round, That will be the turning point when it will all start getting easier. :hugs:

maltahypo
20-07-13, 17:12
Thanks speranza. Prob is I have 2 loving boys who are continuously clinhed to me being their dad and hugging and kissing......I just want to be there for them whilst they are growing up.

Speranza
20-07-13, 17:17
It sounds as though you are there for them... no reason to think that will change.