PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed!

B-Brain
14-07-13, 16:40
Hi everyone,

I'm so annoyed right now... but I'm not even sure who I'm annoyed at!

Since my anxiety has been at it's worst I've been too embarassed to confide in most of my friends or relatives. The only person I feel comfortable enough sharing my inner turmoil with is my ex-boyfriend.

It's great to have at least 1 person who can come with me to the doctor's when I'm scared, or go to the shops when I can't face a crowd or be at the end of the phone when I'm having a panic attack. But there's always a price: he'll either want to borrow money, or expect petrol money (to the equivalent of a taxi fare), or he'll ask to stay at mine for weeks on end (rent free), or leave bags of laundry for me to do.

Even as I type this, these things seem petty.... but today I lost my temper. I said: "You only come round when you want something. The rest of the time you couldn't care less".

I'm not sure if I was right to say that, but that's how I felt at the moment: used. Which is exactly how I felt when we were still together.

So now I'm not sure who I'm agry at: him for using me, me for allowing myself to be used, or me (again) for being ungrateful when he is trying his best to be supportive.

What do you think? :wall:
B*

Speranza
14-07-13, 16:44
I wonder if it would help to start calling him (in your head) a friend rather than an ex? I mean when you are working out how you feel about things.

I guess at least you feel you can trust him to be there. The other stuff is irritating but - perhaps that's why he's an Ex? You don't have to do any of the things he demands, you must feel he 'deserves' payment at some level, which I suppose is whyt you feel annoyed at yourself..?

The bottom line is probably about whether you need him to be there for you - and if you do, then the other things may be the price you pay. Perhaps set yourself a goal of being free of him by... (Christmas/2015/etc)?