PDA

View Full Version : Dreading work tomorrow :(

GirlAfraid23
14-07-13, 19:56
Hi everyone.

I have had a lovely weekend away this weekend but I have to go back to work tomorrow :( I'm dreading it.

I work in a school and break up for summer holidays next Tuesday so 8 days tomorrow.
It can't come quick enough.
I will then be off for around a month.

I feel exhausted and just want to call in sick tomorrow :(

Speranza
14-07-13, 20:01
My deepest sympathy. xxx

theharvestmouse
14-07-13, 20:03
The thought of going back is usually worse than actually doing it, once you are there you normally feel better, and sometimes you can feel worse if you phone in sick.

GirlAfraid23
14-07-13, 20:38
My deepest sympathy. xxx

Is that sarcasm? :wacko:

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

The thought of going back is usually worse than actually doing it, once you are there you normally feel better, and sometimes you can feel worse if you phone in sick.

I get like this every Sunday. I just hate it.
I have contacted my counsellor today as need to see him again I think. I don't want to slip back into my old ways.

theharvestmouse
14-07-13, 20:44
Don't know what to suggest, I used to feel like this when I was doing a job I didn't like, but anxiety distorts things as well.

Rebecca10
14-07-13, 21:31
Hi there,

I know what you mean about that awful feeling you get on a Sunday night before work..the weekends go way too quick, especially when you're having a nice time somewhere and just want it to stay that way forever! I wouldn't call in sick - like others have said it always seems worse, but when you're actually there it's really not that bad. I have similar feelings sometimes- I'm in a new job and work odd days/hours so sometimes I get 3 or 4 days off in a row and then I panic a bit when I have to go back to work but once I'm there I'm completely fine.
My mum's a teacher and she breaks up on Friday for 6 weeks and it can't come quick enough for her either- being a teacher is tiring especially with all the marking and planning you have to do at home. Those 8 days will fly by- just think about your holidays, I'm sure all the other teachers will be thinking the same! Best of luck to you xxxx

Annie0904
14-07-13, 21:58
Is that sarcasm? :wacko:

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

I think speranza was genuinely sympathising with you as she is a teacher. :) I know the feeling well myself. I used to have a chart in my locker to count the days off to the end of term!

Speranza
15-07-13, 00:50
Certainly wasn't sarcasm. I have been off with stress for weeks! :( Soon be the end of term! Hang in there... x

MattH
15-07-13, 11:15
I work in a school too and although not in a teaching role, still under a lot of pressure. I also get really anxious about coming in, plus I don't get the 6 week holidays so don't really get a proper break. Dreading September too.

Just keep thinking of your 6 week break !! Only days left now...:)

Once I've left this place, I vow never to work in education again !!

vicky23
15-07-13, 11:15
I've read a few of your posts and I know this is a big deal for you, work seems to be a trigger for your anxiety? if I'm reading you right....so just wondering if it is your particular area of work that you struggle with or is it the whole being out of the house and feeling trapped until you can leave in whatever field of work you do?
In a practical sense, I find sometimes remembering the good parts of the job is sometimes helpful when I get a 'good feeling' for you this might be a child interacting with you in a cute way then really think on that and whenever a negative thought comes in replace it with the positive memory.. The negative will keep coming and coming don't worry about stopping these just as many times as you have to think on the positive until it get stronger really build up a solid image in your mind of the smile on the child's face the sound of their innocent voice etc
It may just well help a little

Speranza
15-07-13, 13:32
I work in a school too and although not in a teaching role, still under a lot of pressure. I also get really anxious about coming in, plus I don't get the 6 week holidays so don't really get a proper break. Dreading September too.

Just keep thinking of your 6 week break !! Only days left now...:)

Once I've left this place, I vow never to work in education again !!

Amen brother!