PDA

View Full Version : Hard mass under right rib cage

djsandra
15-07-13, 00:25
Two months ago, my abs were sore from a workout so I started poking and prodding the area to try to massage it, and then I noticed a hard ridge of fibrous tissue sticking out from underneath the right rib cage, kind of closer to the bottom than the top. I only feel pain from it if my abs are sore. There seems to be similar hard tissue on the left rib cage, but higher up and closer to the middle. I'm really scared because I googled and all that seemed to come up was mostly cancer. It hasn't really changed two months later. I'm really scared to go see a doctor. The tissue doesn't really hurt when I press on it and is hard and fibrous. Please help me, I'm 17 years old and don't know what is going on. I never noticed it until two months ago. It just seems to stick out on its own and seems to be quite deep.

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

Anybody?

Speranza
15-07-13, 00:44
To be honest it sounds nothing like cancer to me. People are all put together a little differently, and ribs are full of weird sticky-out bits. I think you should go to your doctor and ask him/her to explain what it may be.

Marni
15-07-13, 12:10
Can you push it and it kind of pops back and forth? I have this on both sides of my lower ribs but can feel it easier on the right side. I think they're like floater ribs or something.

Speranza
15-07-13, 13:20
I was thinking of floater ribs. But I can't diagnose, of course! However it does sound extremely likely. The person to ask is the doctor.

djsandra
15-07-13, 17:45
It doesn't feel like bone though, like I said, it is fibrous and is squishy but hard. Also, I noticed this 5 years ago, but my right rib cage sticks out a considerable amount more than my left one.

Marni
16-07-13, 02:01
Mine doesn't really feel like bone compared too my other ribs. But I know I can push it in and out.
I had a massive panic attack over it like 4 years ago. Even had a full ct scan too put my mind at ease.

djsandra
16-07-13, 02:13
Thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate the advice.

Dumbblonde
02-10-14, 19:47
Hi ive just found this thread after searching though google to diagnose myself :-(
I have noticed that my left lower rib cage sticks out more, after noticing this I decided to stand pressing and poking untill I found somthing to panick over, I've found a hardish lump thing that when I press it, it
Seems to pop back under my ribs but once I let go it pops back out, I can make it so so sore, am I panicking over nothing? Last years I obsessed over my nodes and scans ect I don't want to put my husband through me panicking again please help!!