PDA

View Full Version : depression/anxiety/stress

jiff93
14-07-13, 22:04
Hello, I am new to this so Im not sure if I have posted in the right bit!
Im hoping someone can give me some advice or just some support.
I am 19 years old and have a 10 month old baby.
It started a few months back, i was feeling very light headed all the time, and tired and achey, sort of like i was constantly coming down with flu. I went to the docs who did blood tests for hypothyroidism and anemia but both tests came back normal. I then began feeling quite unwell alot of the time, where it was a struggle to get out of bed, so i went back to the doctors and he said he it may be post natal depression or anxiety and gave me a website to look at. I then had a Panic attack, which was quite severe. Basically to cut a long, boring story short, here i am today, tried sertraline but side effects were too much so stopped taking it and couldn't bring myself to go to the therapist. I haven't left my house now in 2 weeks and if i do the only place i seem to be able to go is my mums house. I am in a relationship although we are going through a very hard time at the moment and its been a very complicated relationship. i feel exhausted by the end of the day. I get very emotional about all of this because before this I was the most outgoing, confident and bubbly person you'd meet! Now im afraid to leave my house :weep: i just feel like this is it for me now, and im not going to be able to do anything in my life for my or my son. Sorry I have written so much, I could write so much more but dont want to drag on!

times71
17-07-13, 07:30
The solution is simple. Focus on what you want, you say you want to be confident and bubbly again and do things with your son... focus on that. If you are obsessed with how down you feel that's all you will get.... we only get what in life what we focus on. Think about what you would like to be like, and focus on that.... it really does work.

Sparkle1984
17-07-13, 09:01
Hi, is your doctor aware of your bad reaction to sertraline? Sadly for some people the first med doesn't work and its then trial and error to find the right one. Chances are, the next one you try will work. Once you've found something which works, you'll then be able to focus on your therapy. :)