PDA

View Full Version : Update -Increase and pins and needles

Ccat
14-07-13, 22:23
Hello all,

Just thought I would update and ask for advice please.

I had been on 50 for about 9 weeks. I had seen improvement- especially eating normally and sleeping. However, i was still getting some health anxiety. I had a nerve test on monday- all last weekend i was so scared- then after the test i got another alarming symptom and thought i had bowel cancer- turned out to be nothing to worry about but i just continued with my anxiety- had a huge panic attack , agitated , crying, couldn't sleep again.

went back to drs - she wanted me to try 100- i am only on day 4. Today i seem to have had lots of pins and needles - anyone noticed this with increase please?
Not quite sure how i feel if you know what i mean, I'd say anxiety less constant and i have been able to get some sleep- I didn't really want to increase my dose but felt desperate - I feel it was odd how i seemed quite a lot better then had a nosedive ( i had had a few small ups and downs) - I know- lovely J has had a simillar experience.

Anyway- any advice much appreciated, best wishes to everyone, Ccat xxx

carefree68
14-07-13, 23:22
Hi Ccat sorry to hear you have had a bad time of it recently. I had pins and needles alot in the begginning when I just started taking Sert, it lasted about a week, and now nothing. Im sure its one of the side effects! Im now hoping I dont have a nose dive! I hope things improve soon for you hun?
:hugs:

Her Indoors
15-07-13, 09:54
Hello all,

Just thought I would update and ask for advice please.

I had been on 50 for about 9 weeks. I had seen improvement- especially eating normally and sleeping. However, i was still getting some health anxiety. I had a nerve test on monday- all last weekend i was so scared- then after the test i got another alarming symptom and thought i had bowel cancer- turned out to be nothing to worry about but i just continued with my anxiety- had a huge panic attack , agitated , crying, couldn't sleep again.

went back to drs - she wanted me to try 100- i am only on day 4. Today i seem to have had lots of pins and needles - anyone noticed this with increase please?
Not quite sure how i feel if you know what i mean, I'd say anxiety less constant and i have been able to get some sleep- I didn't really want to increase my dose but felt desperate - I feel it was odd how i seemed quite a lot better then had a nosedive ( i had had a few small ups and downs) - I know- lovely J has had a simillar experience.

Anyway- any advice much appreciated, best wishes to everyone, Ccat xxx

Hi there Ccat,

Sorry to hear about the pins and needles, hope that settles for you soon as you get used to the increase in your dosage.

I did look on the scary leaflet inside my box of Sertraline, and it seems that numbness and tingling is a common side effect, but perhaps it would be better not to look at it, unless you get a serious reaction, then you would need to contact your doctor. I think they just put all these things in as they have to list every symptom every person has ever had just to warn people, but when you think how many people are prescribed these medications I suppose people are sometimes going to be affected in some way, especially when they first start taking them.

As I said, I think as we suffer from anxiety looking at this leaflet might not be a good idea, maybe have a chat to your doctor if you are worried. Hope it all settles down for you soon; and thanks again for replying to my posts, really appreciate it.

Kindest regards,

J xxx:bighug1:

ps hope I haven't just stated the beeping obvious Cat!

Ccat
18-07-13, 14:03
thank you carefree and J xxx

still bad today- guess its only been a week at higher dose so probably will o on for a bit longer do you think? (mainly hands and feet?)
perhaps heat makes it worse somehow?

CCat xxx

NR
18-07-13, 14:24
I started on 100mg and had pins and needles.

Ccat
18-07-13, 15:43
Thank you NR x

How long have you been on it- and how are you doing now?

Ccat x

NR
18-07-13, 20:14
Week five. I have no motivation and feel like a zombie.

Ccat
18-07-13, 20:20
Sorry to hear that NR-

:hugs:

Don't loose hope yet- I reckon 5 weeks is still quite early days - have you told your dr how you feel. Have you felt any of your symptoms improve?

Ccat x

carefree68
18-07-13, 22:02
Hi Ccat yes hands and feet constantly for about a week and odd icy cold flushes running through my body, very odd. Any better now Ccat?

Ccat
19-07-13, 00:59
Thanks Carefree x

Stilll the same at the mo- but only been on higher a dose a week and it didn't start straight away- reckon its "kicking in" a bit now- have had a bit of a stange tingle/shivery feeling in my back too.

Hope you are ok

Ccat x