PDA

View Full Version : Starting CBT group therapy tomorrow. So nervous! :(

anxious_thoughts
15-07-13, 03:50
Hello guys. Haven't been here for a few days. I have been keeping my anxiety at at a good spot in the last few days by keeping myself busy :)

Tomorrow I start CBT group therapy and I'm so nervous! Anyone can give me advice or what they experienced? Would be appreciated! :)

anxious_thoughts
15-07-13, 13:47
Anyone?

Speranza
15-07-13, 13:51
Everyone going will feel the same I bet. I'd look round and see if there is anybody whose mind needs putting at rest, takes the focus of yourself! I go to one later this month, think they said it was a one-off, which seems odd!

Tessar
15-07-13, 16:06
i have only ever done therapy on a one to one basis but i think the speranza's idea about focusing away from yourself is a very good one. you will be "among friends" so to speak..... think of these people as being like everyone here, they have problems of their own they want to overcome and that's what has brought them to therapy. good luck and do let us know how it goes.

anxious_thoughts
15-07-13, 19:03
Hi guys, thanks for both answers. :)

I just got back from my hour and a half session. It was actually one to one CBT therapy. I met my therapist and got an assessment down. He also asked me stuff about my personal life. I explained my brain tumour anxiety. And of course started crying, but it went great over all. I feel very refreshed. :)

Tessar
15-07-13, 21:08
That's good... I'm glad it was helpful. This is the beginning if something new for you. It might seem a bit up & down at times but that'll be because you will be challenging yourself. Confronting your issues. In time you will find you are much better able to contend with thoughts, fears and what life throws at you. You learn how to deal with stuff through CBT and then it's you who outs it into practice. It's really worth sticking at it and you have a good asset here as there are many people who can help you along the way.

anxious_thoughts
15-07-13, 22:36
That's good... I'm glad it was helpful. This is the beginning if something new for you. It might seem a bit up & down at times but that'll be because you will be challenging yourself. Confronting your issues. In time you will find you are much better able to contend with thoughts, fears and what life throws at you. You learn how to deal with stuff through CBT and then it's you who outs it into practice. It's really worth sticking at it and you have a good asset here as there are many people who can help you along the way.

Very true!! Thanks for the kind words. I'm definitely going to continue with the therapy, anything that helps me to overcome this anxiety :)

take care xx

Speranza
15-07-13, 22:57
Well done!

anxious_thoughts
16-07-13, 16:12
Thank you! :)

Kerrie32
16-07-13, 23:02
I'm actually looking in to CBT now. Trying to find someone in my area who does it. My health anxiety is now completely out of hand and destroying my life. I'm glad it sounds like it's helping you. I'm hoping it will help me also, otherwise someone may need to call the men in white coats for me lol.