PDA

View Full Version : extremely scary situation woke me up from sleep help

clank
15-07-13, 12:25
Right now its pretty early, I should be asleep for normally around three more hours, but today i woke up and just got set in a panic.

I woke up, with almost a cramping, it felt like it was in my upper stomach above belly button, and a little lower in the belly button area, it felt so tight and i had this feeling in my throat where it felt like i was going to throw up any minute, even though i wasn't nauseous.

My chest then felt real tight and i got real shakey and it felt like my breathing was off. I still have this tightness feeling my stomach and its really scaring me. If it woke me up from a deep sleep then it has to be something serious.

I dont know whats wrong with me but im terrified, and i'm not going back to bed anytime soon. help

aggiecuttler
15-07-13, 12:36
this sounds horrible so sorry for you, it could be just a stomach upset or maybe you have eaten something dicky, i know how difficult it is to be woken from sleep with panic i have had it i hope you see improvement blessings

Freaked
15-07-13, 18:45
Have you had a heart check up? If not then it might be no harm to go for one and a have a chat with your doc, but if you have had a check up recently then try not to be too freaked out. I went through a phase of getting woken in my sleep by my heart racing, breathlessness and my fingers or arm (mostly left) gone totally dead for no reason. Anxiety does not always rest when you go to sleep. You might have started to get a stomach ache, and then your over-excited nervous system overreacted and woke you up in a panic attack.

Panic attacks and unpleasant sensations wake anxiety sufferers from sleep all the time. Like I say, go for a check-up and don't hesitate to call for help if you feel really bad, but it's probably benign. I have that tightness at bottom of sternum feeling right now.

Speranza
15-07-13, 18:58
It sounds like a stomach bug. I sometimes get all the symptoms except the vomiting, when they go round in winter.

clank
16-07-13, 03:45
I had an EKG last August, and that came out fine. I don't know if i could of developed something wrong with my heart in just a years time but you never know.

i don't think it was the stomach bug it didn't feel anything like this. It was like a hungry tight feeling, although I wasn't hungry at all. It was really werid and scary, but it seemed to pass

pinky2681
16-07-13, 09:15
Hi clank. Ive often wake up all panicky I think because of my anxiety I don't fall into a very deep sleep so seem to wake more easily if that makes sense. I hate night times the most. Feep free to pm me if ur awake and struggling I more than likely will be too x

Marni
16-07-13, 16:11
I was waking up like like but I'd then have a hot shower for like 2 hours because of the cramping pain.
If it is cramping pain, maybe get an upper abdominal ultrasound as it turned out to be my gallvladder.
You may even have heartburn as that shows all the same symptoms

clank
17-07-13, 04:28
i never thought it could be my gallblader or heart burn. I dont really know what it was. It hasnt happened again so maybe it was just a stomach ache. But that doesn't explain why it woke me up from my sleep