PDA

View Full Version : Hello All, Please Be Gentle...

Kerrie32
15-07-13, 23:56
Hello everybody. This is my first time here and first time on any kind of forum. I had my first panic attack 24 years ago at the age of 8. Then none until i was 24 (right before i moved to the US). Since then it has been a regular occurrence, gradually getting worse. I seem to have developed some kind of health anxiety along the way also. The night time ones are by far the worst for me. I wake up with a jolt feeling like i have been holding my breath. I will feel disorientated/hazy and dizzy all the next day (currently experiencing this now, due to it happening last night)
In the meantime, i'm 32 years old, originally from the UK but moved to Florida nine years ago and actually looking to move back to the UK again. I am married to American (although he's no help with my attacks) and we have a beautiful 2.5 year old daughter.
I hope to meet people on here like me who suffer from anxiety/panic/depression/ocd etc. Thank you.

Mark13
15-07-13, 23:58
Hi Kerrie. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Speranza
15-07-13, 23:58
Hi Kerrie! :welcome: The UK people may be a little quiet just now as it's midnight here... I'm sure plenty of folk will be along to talk to you though.

Kerrie32
16-07-13, 00:03
Thank you so much. It does seem like a great place for support. I still forget about the time difference sometimes, as my parents found out when i accidentally called them at 2am their time one night haha ;)

Annie0904
16-07-13, 08:25
Hi :welcome:

Sparkle1984
16-07-13, 15:32
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)