PDA

View Full Version : Back from the eye doctor!!!!!!! :(

melishaxoxo
16-07-13, 15:07
So I had my appointment with the eye doc today and he looked into my left eye ,the one thats giving me so much of pain and swelling. He says its not allergies that im suffering from and that he can see 2 white things blocking the pathway for light to come into my left eye so my brain is finding a way to go around it and thus it is straining my eye muscles and nerves to get light. He also says the pressure on the left eye is high and so he prescribed me eyedrops for pain and pressure which i have to take everyday. I am only 27 and i do not know what on earth caused this obstruction in my eye like this. The doctor said surgery is the only way to get rid of it but he says he does not think i should go for surgery as im still young and maybe when im in my 60's its a better option. So I have to use the eyedrops for now and i go back next month for a checkup. So I am scared out of my mind as to what is going on and what have i done to get this?? I eat healthy,exercise but i have been through stress in the year 2011 and 2012 but im not sure what if i go blind?? what if whatever this white thing causes me blindness? the doctor didnt seem too concerned as he says the eyedrops will work ...

Speranza
16-07-13, 15:19
I guess he is the only person who can answer your questions. Next time you visit, write them down, and write down the answers. He seems to be telling you that it will be okay.

Ally-SA
16-07-13, 15:25
Hi Melisha

Give the eye drops a chance. Try to relax. If they don't work - ask yourself what is the worst that could happen? If you have to go for an eye op - it will be okay.

Perhaps the eye drops will help relieve the pressure, and it will allow things to function normally again. I hope so!

Freaked
16-07-13, 15:48
It's never nice to get news like that, but try to be reassured that the doc didn't seem overly concerned. He seems to have seen this before. From the way you've described it, it sounds like these things are physically blocking the light and not damaging the eye or nerve or anything, so if that ever did cause vision loss, it could probably be reversed just by removing them. I'm sure if you were in danger of losing vision at all, the doc would have recommended the surgery right away.

melishaxoxo
16-07-13, 15:53
I hope so too, I am just feeling like crap right now, I feel like this should be happening at old age and not now, not when I have so much of life to live. I just noticed my vision like flickered now as im typing this. Gosh im so scared what if i go blind??

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

It's never nice to get news like that, but try to be reassured that the doc didn't seem overly concerned. He seems to have seen this before. From the way you've described it, it sounds like these things are physically blocking the light and not damaging the eye or nerve or anything, so if that ever did cause vision loss, it could probably be reversed just by removing them. I'm sure if you were in danger of losing vision at all, the doc would have recommended the surgery right away.

I feel so really down, my fears have come to reality. It is such a scary feeling,i dont know maybe he didnt want to scare me as he saw how shocked i looked. I am just worried now If something happens ill go into a panic attack and probably have an heart attack and die :(