PDA

View Full Version : Was this a panic attack?

countrygirl
16-07-13, 17:44
I have had this a few times and not sure if its a panic attack or due to damage I have in my neck ( severe arthritis and collapsed disc).

I suddenly get twitching of my lips and eyelids and within a couple of minutes I feel as if my whole body is tingling tremedously from head to foot and I feel as if I am falling or floating and unbalanced/dizzy. I feel as if my head is going to explode with pressure. Straight away my heart races and I sweat and feel as if I cannot breathe. It usually happens when I am in a crowded place but I have had it just sitting quitly at home.

the worst passes in a few minutes but leaves me feeling as if I am trembling all over for hours and with an aching neck and very slight headache. I also get crawling sensations in my scalp. The twitching lips continue for days afterwards.

My neck problems always cloud the issue as a bad neck can cause dizziness and all sorts of strange symptoms but then so can panic attacks?

Not asking anyone to diagnose me!!! just wondered if anyone else gets these weird and distressing symptoms.

joelhall
16-07-13, 18:21
Does sound remarkably classic for a panic attack, and I'm sure lots of us have have similar symptoms. Definitely resembles mine.