PDA

View Full Version : Hi there I'm Dave

DavidJames
17-07-13, 00:35
Hi all,

My name's Dave, I'm 31 and live in North Wales.

Just come out of a psychiatric ward after 3 stays of 12, 4 and 3 days in the last month.

They prescribed me a bunch of drugs and on my third time in I think they've nearly hit the nail on the head with my anxiety with the upped doses of Pregabalin and Beta blockers, though still getting panic attacks occasionally.

Off to see my GP tomorrow to see if he can up the Pregabalin, Beta Blockers and prescribe me some Lorazipam for when I get these panic attacks on the days they're at their worst - missed my last GP's appointment as I couldn't leave the house!

Anyway looking forward to offering support and listening to other peoples experiences where I can :-)

Thanks
Dave

Elf20
17-07-13, 00:39
Wow, i didn't know you could enter a psychiatric ward because of anxiety!
You seem like a brave person, nice to meet you. :)

DavidJames
17-07-13, 00:52
Hi Ianassa,

Well there was a couple of other things associated with depression & paranoia which I'm sure I'll go more in depth as I get to know people on here better :-)

Nice to meet you :-)
Dave

Actually one question, where I can I upload my profile picture to? Hmmm?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:46 ----------

Arr it's okay I think I found it thanks.

Dave

Daisy Sue
17-07-13, 01:08
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. You're lucky to live in my favourite area of the UK :)

Glad to hear your meds are having a positive effect, & good luck with the doc's visit tomorrow.

DavidJames
17-07-13, 01:15
Hi Daisy Sue and thanks,

Yeah it's lovely around here; so you know it well?

Dave

kittikat
17-07-13, 01:17
Hello & :welcome:

DavidJames
17-07-13, 01:22
Thank you Kittikat :-)

Dave

Daisy Sue
17-07-13, 01:29
Hi Daisy Sue and thanks,

Yeah it's lovely around here; so you know it well?

Dave

A bit.. my mate lives in Llan, so we've had a lot of visits & holidays there.. absolutely love it :)

Speranza
17-07-13, 13:38
Hi there Dave. :welcome:

DavidJames
17-07-13, 18:21
A bit.. my mate lives in Llan, so we've had a lot of visits & holidays there.. absolutely love it :)

Llangollen? I used to live very close to it and love it up there.

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:09 ----------

Hi Speranza! :-)

Dave