PDA

View Full Version : fear of fainting...

Arialeesh
17-07-13, 00:38
I posted before about something similar, why am i soo scared of fainting? And why am i so scared of doing certain things like walking long, standing up long, sitting in a certain position because my mind is certain im gonna faint and its ridiculous

laura1200
17-07-13, 01:12
I'm scared of fainting too. It's horrible. Have you actually done so? Hope you're okay xx

Regina
17-07-13, 03:53
I've come close to fainting, or thought I was, but I've never actually passed out all the way. If you have, you may want to get your blood pressure checked. Are you eating?

Sometimes the fear and expectation creates the symptoms of dizziness and weakness and it feels like you're certain you'll keel over. I try to keep track of all the times that I feared it and it DIDN'T happen. Then I remind myself that, yeah, that last time, I was scared but I was ok. I may have grabbed the wall to make it down the hallway, but I stayed up!

The more times you realize that it hasn't happened despite your fear, the more you prove to yourself that you'll get through it. I still get dizzy but the worry of fainting is less. That's what's worked for me at least. I hope it helps!

~Regina x

Granny Primark
17-07-13, 08:18
Im petrified of fainting.
A couple of years ago I woke up on the bathroom floor.
I was in on my own at the time.

Arialeesh
17-07-13, 10:51
I haven't fainted yet tho but I'm soo convinced I will and it usually happens after using the toilet or standing up :(

Spot-the-frog
17-07-13, 12:45
Arialeesh - have you been checked out - ie: blood pressure etc as this might be why you feel dizzy?

I have a phobia about fainting, because when I get mega anxious I actually do faint!

laura1200
17-07-13, 21:25
I've come close to fainting, or thought I was, but I've never actually passed out all the way. If you have, you may want to get your blood pressure checked. Are you eating?

Sometimes the fear and expectation creates the symptoms of dizziness and weakness and it feels like you're certain you'll keel over. I try to keep track of all the times that I feared it and it DIDN'T happen. Then I remind myself that, yeah, that last time, I was scared but I was ok. I may have grabbed the wall to make it down the hallway, but I stayed up!

The more times you realize that it hasn't happened despite your fear, the more you prove to yourself that you'll get through it. I still get dizzy but the worry of fainting is less. That's what's worked for me at least. I hope it helps!

~Regina x

This is so true, if I think about fainting I start to feel faint. But if I don't think about it I'm okay.
OP get checked out by a GP though.