PDA

View Full Version : I'm adopted...

Ally-SA
17-07-13, 10:34
I've known since little that I was adopted, and never really thought I had an issue with it.

I went to my first psychologist, ever, two or three years ago. To cut a long story short, she thought I might have abandonment issues. I got home one afternoon and decided to Google my birth name - and I found my biological mother.

She is in the UK, and I am in South Africa.

We keep in contact via e-mail. We used to Skype a little, but I get so tired of trying to call - but no answer.

I also get tired of sending her an e-mail, and she always says she will e-mail me soon - today, or tomorrow. Whatever...

But she never does. And I sit here, day after day, hoping for an e-mail. I don't know WHY I do this to myself! When she doesn't hear from me, she makes me feel really bad about not writing. Guilty even!

I have a wonderful husband, and I love my parents with all my heart. I'm not that close to my brother (also adopted) - and I miss him.

The last friends I had turned out to be really nasty bitches - so I shut them out of my life.

I guess I just feel really alone, and cling to any little bit of hope out there of having someone to talk to.

I'm going to rant a little more...

My biological mom is on some meds - she has depression. When I started with my anxiety and depression over a year ago, I turned to her for help - thinking she would understand and would be able to help me. But she made me feel like I was totally losing it... that I was a lil' crazy? I had twitches. She, being an ex-nurse, really hurt my feelings when I told her how I was feeling. I thought that perhaps I had MS or something else... and she said how dare I feel that way - she dealt with people who really had it - and so on... I didn't know what to do or say. My concerns were genuine, too. And I just did not understand what was going on. I still don't, some days... My first panic attack was in 2007 - and it took me months to figure out what was wrong. No doctors told me what was wrong. Not even a psychiatrist I went to - he wanted to simply diagnose me as being bipolar, just because medical aid would pay for his treatments.

This post is way long - sorry. There is so much more to say here, but this is enough for now. I have to get this out...

NeilSimpson
17-07-13, 10:57
My 5 year old daughter isn't actually mine, but knows me as dad and ive looked after her since her birth despite my troubles... my dads never been there for me.

What im trying to say is keep with the family you have, they've served you well all your life, don't let let what makes you happy slip by, especially by going after something that's going to upset you, I know its hard because I just recently found out I actually do have a nan, and when I was born she moved to Australia because she wanted nothing to do with my dad, me, my mum and my brother.

Only focus on what makes YOU and your husband happy, if anyone disagrees, as you said BITCHES, shut them out

NEIL xxx

Ally-SA
17-07-13, 11:05
Hi Neil

Thank you! :) I agree - it's just hard. I always try to please others, or I worry about hurting their feelings etc, even though I might be upset... always put others first.

Her mom and dad live in South Africa - but don't want anything to do with me either. Not a nice feeling.

But you are right - love the ones I'm with, who love me in return.
:)

NeilSimpson
17-07-13, 11:40
Aslong as your happy with the way your life is, nothing else really matters in my eyes. The way to look at it is if no one wants anything to do with you or your family then ITS THERE LOSS, not yours.

Im forever making people laugh, my family (im super funny dad LOL) and everyone around me, its how I make friends.

Im sorry about the way things are but my wifes mum has never spoken to me, ive been with my wife 5 years, she hates it because im 30 and my wifes 23. I think she fancies me personally LOL

NEIL xxx

Ally-SA
17-07-13, 12:26
lol You are quite a funny bloke! ;P

Thanks - cheered me up. hehe

I don't find it easy to make friends. Like I said - I have none. But I figure that will change as I work on fixing me. :)

NeilSimpson
17-07-13, 12:40
Im glad I cheered you up :) I don't know if you've seen a thread of mine but my friend died recently but this has helped me a lot :)

You don't find it easy to make friends but you've made a friend out of me :)

NEIL xxx

NeilSimpson
17-07-13, 12:47
RAINDROPS... youre not a loner, you just havnt met the right people yet :)

Ally-SA
17-07-13, 13:09
Ah Raindrops and Neil - thank you so so much... means a lot to me - all that you said. :D

My biological father - I think I found him, and sent him a message, but no response. I can respect that. I really just want to know my medical history, yanno? My bio mom, apart from being depressed, is diabetic. I get so scared I'm going to end up like her! Even though we are nothing alike, really... but it still sits in my subconscious.

We were adopted for a reason. And what we sometimes find, we don't always like. So I'm really grateful for everything....

My parents are really amazing people - my mom, even though she has spinal stenosis, is such a strong woman. My dad, so smart... And my husband - he is my rock! And now I have you guys too! hehe :hugs: Thank you, again. xx

NeilSimpson
17-07-13, 13:35
The one thing we all have is each other, weather it be good or bad, in my situation bad, but Im talking and that's one thing I DONT do, im too scared of my emotions.

You have helped me probably more than I could of hoped to have helped you and for that I thank you,

You are you, I like you for it, and so do other people, those who don't like it can go off and do one, FOCUS on you and your family honey xxx

Tessar
17-07-13, 22:42
Im glad I cheered you up :) I don't know if you've seen a thread of mine but my friend died recently but this has helped me a lot :)

You don't find it easy to make friends but you've made a friend out of me :)

NEIL xxx

That's a lovely post, Neil...

Ally-SA
18-07-13, 14:53
Hi Neil

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply - but yes. I did see the post...

I must be honest with you.

When it comes to death - I don't know what to do. Or say. Or think.

I looked after my gran for so long. Then so much happened in my life - some of which I mentioned in my intro post...

My gran moved back to my mom's for a few months before she passed away. I miss her, so damn much. I feel so guilty - I feel that I should have been there more for her. But I couldn't handle it - seeing her slowly fade away to nothing (she had cancer). It hurt. It still hurts - so much. I spent a lot of my childhood with her. She told me so many stories... I miss her - every single day.

I really am sorry but I never know what to say to people. :( I wish I could have said something nice. I should have tried...

Last year my one dog died. She was at my mom's ... the farm. I moved to the city over 5 years ago now and didn't think it was fair to make her stay here - when she loved to run, and hunt in the fields. My family looooove animals, so I was ok with her being there. I knew she was safe, and fed... and loved. But anyway - she had an illness - something to do with her immune system.

Mom called me over - it was time for me to say goodbye to her. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm crying like mad at the moment thinking about this all.

So ya. Deep breath. I am so sorry that you lost your friend. I wish I could take away all the bad things that happen in this world... but I can't.
xx