PDA

View Full Version : if you slouch over at your desk do you....?

Darren1
17-07-13, 14:23
If sitting at a desk and you slouch/bend forward, asif you were staring at your keyboard.... Do your ribs dig into your organs and cause discomfort?

Wondering if this is why im getting pains beneath both sides of ribs? Think i have a tendancy to slouch forward when im anxious

Freaked
17-07-13, 17:20
I get that atm. I think it's the diaphragm muscle more than anything. It can get very tight with anxiety from breathing wrong and stuff, and I think it's the cause of that 'ribs crushing me' feeling when you bend. At least I can't think of any other reason your ribs would actually be making your organs sore, unless you're very into corsets :huh:

Vita Bella
18-07-13, 13:52
This is a little delayed, but I thought I would post in case you came back to check this.

I am terrible for leaning forward at my desk. It doesn't affect your organs, but it inhibits your digestive system. Your intestines get sort of squashed when you sit in that position, making it more difficult for food to pass through. Indigestion can cause pain in your abdomen (it is sometimes this pain that I mistake for heart related pain). I get it mostly around the bottom of my ribs and it can be quite intense. I've found 'Wind-eze' helps. It helps to release the trapped air bubbles that are building up.

My doctor also suggested it may be the lining between my ribs that is to blame. It can become swollen by a knock to the area or sleeping in a weird position, and is made worse by leaning over. If you also get sharp pains in your ribs when you take a deep breath this could be the answer? If so, my doctor said it would take around a couple of months to go completely, so your pain would be gone by now.