PDA

View Full Version : Open sore/lump in my mouth... help please!!

Cygfa
17-07-13, 18:19
Hello all,

I'm really upset. Around 3 weeks ago I noticed what I thought was a mouth ulcer. I used some gel stuff, didn't work. So I went to my dentist, she wasn't sure what it was but didn't seem concerned and told me to come back in a week. I've since been to see my GP, who also wasn't concerned but gave me steroid mouth wash, which also didn't work.

It's a hard, painful lump on my lower jaw bone (one the inside next to the tongue) and it's an open sore, I poked it with my finger and could actually feel bone!! I'm totally freaking out, I'm convinced this is mouth or bone cancer. It's nothing to do with a tooth, as I have lost that tooth.

I'm seeing the GP again tomorrow and I'm sure he will refer me to an oral surgeon, but that will take forever. I'm so upset, I just want to cry all the time.

I've just had a total thyroidectomy which went well, but I had the thyroid cancer scare hanging over me for months. Now that's all fine and I didn't have cancer, I was so glad. And now this!!!

Has anyone else had something on their jaw bone?

:weep:

Thanks!

melishaxoxo
17-07-13, 18:31
do you have TMJ?

Cygfa
17-07-13, 18:37
What's TMJ?

melishaxoxo
17-07-13, 18:48
It is temporomandibular joint disorder,it is where you have a problem with the joints at the end of your jaws

Cygfa
17-07-13, 18:51
No I don't have that, the sore is a long way from the joint. :(

melishaxoxo
17-07-13, 19:01
how long have you had it? i have my own eye anxiety worries gosh

Cygfa
17-07-13, 19:13
Around 3 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your eye x

melishaxoxo
17-07-13, 19:23
Around 3 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your eye x

Okay, that is long maybe you should go get a ct scan done?? or xray??

MarkJames3
18-07-13, 21:50
Hey,

A couple of summers ago I had a sore in my mouth for months on end, went to docs a couple of times and she didn't seem concerned, it just wouldn't go so I was very anxious... I started eating bland foods and stopped putting my fingers in my mouth and it went away in a couple of days!

First things first I would say is stop putting your fingers/hands in your mouth... your just spreading more germs, no matter how clean you think your hands are.
Eat healthly and get plenty of rest.