PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mess and prod at stuff on their body?

Jennifer8907
17-07-13, 19:54
I'm trying to break the cycle of pressing under my armpit!! I was concerned about a mole on my back been checked over by two different doctors both said looks fine doctor is going to send me to dermatoligist but a community one because the mole has no signs of anything so it's just for my reassurance!

Anyway as I always do (but shouldn't) I read about moles on goggle (skin cancer) that told me that skin cancer can spread to lympth nodes so what have I been doing prodding my underarm for nearly 10 days and have I found anything nope do I believe it's okay I WISH.

I am really starting to get annoyed with myself I do try to stop because I have made it swell a little and become a bit sore! Has or does anybody find them selves doing something similar? Any suggestions how to stop! Xx

unsure_about_this
17-07-13, 20:05
Hi

At least you have been sent to dermatoligist by the doctor just to reassurance you,

I have the same problem trusting doctors. when I had abdominal pain, I though cancer especially bowel cancer, had two scans, one camera up bottom, lots of abdominal felt exams, rectal exams, nothing came back serious

I always forever poking, prodding, self exam myself every few minutes, sometimes can go a few hours without doing it

I have done the crime about googling various type of cancers I think I have, please also don't read daily mail online, I have done this crime and have scared myself witless, I have been told not to go on this sites, even though I doing well on daily mail.

I still cannot help going on cancer websites which could be causing my HA to get worst.

My parents are getting annoyed with me, I have got bad HA which I getting some CBT help, had my pre-appointment in June and waiting for my next one.

Jennifer8907
17-07-13, 20:15
Yes same with me my fear is cancer! And I even feel quilty about this because there are people out there who are really going trough it but I suppose it's the HA that's making me feel this way. Mine started after the birth of my second he is 5 months old now I think the chemicals in my brain dont settle properly and cause the anxiety! With my first child six years ago I always thought I'm going to die you young! But I let this feeling get to me for over 4 years without getting help this lead to depression kept thinking about death I didn't want to die I just couldn't get it out of my head!!

Anyway the first time around I got put of some meds I felt fine after a few months and come off them felt me again :) birth of my second child it's back again! I don't feel depressed this time just really worried about my health but to the extreme! X

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Yes try your best not to google stuff it makes things 10 x worse even my doctor said of she googled stuff she would be scared herself! X

keaw
17-07-13, 22:09
I do this too,i drive myself crazy! I feel my breasts,arm pits and throat all the time for lumps/abnormalities. you are not alone.x

Jennifer8907
17-07-13, 23:12
There was a programme on tonight about different types of anxiety think it was bbc 3 was really good to watch xx

Sar89
17-07-13, 23:35
Yes I do it to! Quite obsessively check my body any tiny little thing I find I'm off to doctors for them to tell me it's normal for me to argue back I know it's not because it definitely wernt there the other day! Sad when you think what productive ways we could be spending out time instead of this massive cycle of fear that occupys large portions of our time x

Gemmal
18-07-13, 00:34
I am the exact same ! Currently prodding a lymph node of which I'm not even sure is one which hasn't changed In 8 weeks yet I still prod . Waking up in the morning all sore ! It's a nightmare

Apple81
18-07-13, 15:41
I know this so well. I constantly prod and poke and have bruised myself so many times. I know I should stop, but I'm always looking for stuff :(

Jennifer8907
18-07-13, 17:11
I have have not prodded at my armpit today it's still abit swelled and hurts now and again it's obviously going to be sore though I was really prodding at it for nearly 2 weeks :mad: I've got to little ones to distract me! Hopefully we will feel better in time xx

yenool
18-07-13, 19:25
I was poking a lump on my right side kinda below my ribs last night in bed. It is very tender and I couldn't work out if it was a muscle knot, sore bone or some scar tissue from surgery I've had done.

I also have a habit of picking at my skin which isn't good.