PDA

View Full Version : Squashing chest

mummyanxious
17-07-13, 20:00
I was just lying on my side propping up my head with my arm and it felt like my heart was being crushed in my chest by the way I was lying and I'm sure my heart started skipping. Surely this isn't normal? I'm really starting to freak myself out now. How do I know what's normal???

mummyanxious
18-07-13, 19:39
Is it normal if you slouch over your chest that you would get skipped heartbeats? My heart feels like its being squashed whenever I bend over

bashley
18-07-13, 20:44
Hi I too get that, my palpatations also are through the roof at present I think this heat is not helping. I'm getting them constantly, I was due to have a hysterectomy in may but it got canceled at the last minute as my bp and heart rate was high as I got so worked up. I told them I get chest pains and palpations so they said they would not do the operation until I had seen a cardiologist. I then had echo, ECG, portable heart monitor and portable bp monitor and everything came back fine. I was so surprised as I'm totally obsessed with my heart and truly thought something was wrong. I still get chest pains especially if I bend or pick something up. I've been told everything is anxiety I'm still worried as the chest pains and palpatations are awful but I have been tested. So try not to worry you too are fine it's just the dreaded anxiety and its totally draining. But we have to try and believe the doctors I suppose xx

mummyanxious
18-07-13, 20:55
I've got an app to get a monitor soon. They've been through the roof today. Skipping more or less all day. Only now I'm back and have had a shower and cooled down I feel a bit better. Do you get skips lifting things? I can get them lifting the kids out of the car or standing holding them in my hip. I get then when I move sideways sometimes.

bashley
18-07-13, 21:09
Yes mine have been constant for about two weeks now, from the moment I get up and they are also bad after eating. I hate them I'm trying to stay calm as I've had the heart tests but the thumps are so forceful they take my breath away and make me lightheaded. I also get the skipped beats when bending, it's so horrible no one around me understands. X