PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal pain and pancreatic cancer fears

lofwyr
17-07-13, 22:40
Hey folks. Been doing reasonably well. Or the better part of a year I have had a recurring abdominal pain on the upper left side of my abdomen. I have some. Other stomach issues as well..burping, gas mostly. The pain is something I have posted about before and have blown off reasonably well. It comes and goes.

When it is gone, I haven't a worry, but it always comes back, and always in the same spot. The doctor seemed very unconcerned with it. I have been twice and neither time did he merit the problem much attention.

Now this morning the Internet kindly tossed the word pancreatic cancer in my face, and I worry. It is silly, I know. I have no other symptoms, but the nagging fear is there none the less and the pain has been frequent today. Irate it when the media drops something on you unsolicited.

I cannot but help get spun up about this on again off again pain, and feel the doc is blowing me off.

Cygfa
17-07-13, 22:50
My Grandma had pancreatic cancer, and she was in agony every night, vomiting all the time. You say you've had this pain for almost a year, believe me if this was related to pancreatic cancer, you'd actually not be sitting here typing - it's a virulent cancer that doesn't take long to make you incredibly sick.

Maybe you could go and see a different doctor but from my own experience, they usually have a pretty good idea when to be concerned.