PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumor or anxiety?

Dlivingston
18-07-13, 00:03
Hello, newbie here.

I've been having a lot of weird symptoms lately and as much as I try to convince myself it might be anxiety.. I just can't shake it.

It started about over a week ago when I was getting over a cold, I started noticing a pressure in my ear and in my head, I didn't think much of it since I often get tension headaches but it hasn't seemed to gone away so I went to the doctor and they said my ears were fine and gave me diclofenac and nortripyline for my headaches.

I started taking those and it made me feel woozy and I started getting this light numb sensation on the upper right side of my forehead and back towards my temple. I stopped taking the pills and I guess the numbness is gone but I have this weird feeling either lightheadedness or pressure in my head still.

Now I feel I'm over analyzing every little thing I do like I find myself tilting my head to the right a lot or when I'm typing I often misplace words with other words like met instead of meant and I think I'm reading weirdly and I'll skip over words. When I try to take my mind off something and read or watch tv I can't seem to focus, this head sensation kind of just comes over me and I space out thinking about it..

I don't even more (<--did it again..)anymore. I'm seriously freaking out that I have some sort of brain tumor and don't know if I should go get scanned cause it costs a fortune..

I guess I could also mention days prior to my doctors visit, I had the worst stiff neck I've ever had which I'm also prone to, I couldn't even tilt or turn my head for a day.

Another scary thought I have is though this hasn't happened recently, I'd say over the past year maybe.. there were three occasions where I got extremely dizzy out of nowhere, like everything started spinning and I felt like I was going to pass out unless I laid down for a few minutes which is the only thing that made it go away. That's scaring me now cause maybe those were early symptoms that I just ignored. :weep:

What should I do?

RVP
18-07-13, 00:56
Hi there, I have had similar symptoms to you, sometimes pressure in my ear but also tinnitus, and right sided head pressure that would sometimes make my right side of face feel swollen, eye watery ect.
I would get head pain from time to time but the main one was head pressure, I had it since Novemeber last year and it went about 2 months ago. So yes I think yours is anxiety.
As for the numbness in your forhead I get something similar, I will get a hot area near my forehead or just above hairline that will get really hot all of a sudden and that'll last for a few seconds or minutes it's really discomforting but you just have to keep calm in situation like that and know that it'll pass.

You said you had a cold and ear pressure so you could have an ear imbalance due to the cold which could be causing your dizzyness.
When my doctor asked me what I thought I had I said brain tumour and she said that would be the last thing she would have thought of.
Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Cbuck99
18-07-13, 03:47
Hey man I no your panic. My anxiety stemmed from the room spinning one night and feeling like I was gunna pass out so I layed down and mine got better too but set off anxiety. My problem I believe was my irregular heartbeat and high blood pressure mixed with caffeine and other supplements. Check your blood pressure sometime just to get a a idea. If its high do not freak at all your stressed and have anxiety it may be high but just be aware of that as that can cause dizziness and headaches sometimes in some people. Secondly my sister has a brain tumor she had no symptoms at all and I have heard that headaches are not really related to tumord so much unless you get early morning vomiting and odd numbness in your extremities or wake up with extremely painful headaches your fine man. Most likely just fluid I still get super bad headaches my ears crackle every time I swallow. So as hard as it is time will heal you. I no you think your dieing I did too but just relax think to yourself how lucky you are for your health while others aren't so lucky I truly think your fine man enjoy your life and live. And if you wanna talk I'm here.

Speranza
18-07-13, 07:18
Hi and welcome!

Anxiety is certainly in there, but it could also be a sinus infection/labrynthitis/neck tension. The last is where most of my symptoms come from.