PDA

View Full Version : Warm feeling in chest while on the way to school

JCRyanDenton
18-07-13, 08:44
Today i had a near major panic attack, while i was on my way to school after taking a few days off (i wasn't going on this stupid trip they had planned), i suddenly developed a very warm feeling inside my chest. I was having issues breathing all the way during this journey and i think thats what might have caused it to develop into a panic attack. But does anyone else get the warm feeling while having a panic attack?

Speranza
18-07-13, 08:46
Sounds like a male version of a hot flush. Probably the panic I guess.

mummyanxious
18-07-13, 08:50
I had something I would describe as the same a couple of months ago. Started as a warm ball in the centre of my chest and I flew into a panic. Never happened again and I wonder if it was the start of an adrenalin rush.

joelhall
18-07-13, 10:55
Hot flushes are a typical symptom of panic.

JCRyanDenton
18-07-13, 12:39
Hot flushes are a typical symptom of panic.

IT was only in my chest area, it went away after a few seconds but i never usually get this, worried the hell out of me.

joelhall
18-07-13, 12:47
Nothing to worry about, the prime locations are anywhere where vasomotor neurons are stimulated - chest, neck, arms, etc. Often the chest and neck and often the face are the common sites for hot flushing.

JCRyanDenton
18-07-13, 14:51
Nothing to worry about, the prime locations are anywhere where vasomotor neurons are stimulated - chest, neck, arms, etc. Often the chest and neck and often the face are the common sites for hot flushing.

Im still having small anxiety attacks since then, they are spaced out but i honestly don't understand why i can't control it.

Kelxx
18-07-13, 16:31
i get this all the time, and focusing on it makes it worse. silly panic :)

JCRyanDenton
18-07-13, 16:34
i get this all the time, and focusing on it makes it worse. silly panic :)

It often takes too long to go when i try not to focus on it, which just reinforces my worries. I honestly think its only been bad lately because i stopped taking Prozac a few weeks back.