PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

lashes
18-07-13, 11:18
Hi everyone wel I recently switched from citalopram to sertaline been on sert about 2-3 weeks and I feel so depressed and down panic attacks were my problem more than anything and if hasn't helped with those and also my intrusive thoughts are back , so should I stay on it does it need longer to work ?or change to something else x

Ccat
18-07-13, 14:01
Hi Lashes,

I think it is quite slow to work- perhaps give it a bit longer? Quite a few of us on here have noticed it takes a while.

love ccat xxx

lashes
18-07-13, 16:55
Thanks ccat :) just wondered are u on it for depression or anxiety ? The anxiety is my main problem so I hope it can help more than citalopram x

TJSMITH
18-07-13, 18:38
It takes a long time I been on it a year and increased to 150mg six weeks ago as still having bad blips but a lot of time I'm 99 percent myself was put on it for anxiety. It's very slow so much so you don't notice it until look back, I write how I feel down xx

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Ps citalopram lifted the depression for me but not anxiety x

Ccat
18-07-13, 20:15
Hi again lashes-

It was for anxiety mainly- although i would say i am depressed as well

Ccat x

carefree68
18-07-13, 22:00
Hi Lashes, Im taking them for anxiety, Im not depressed! Initially in the begginning it increased my anxiety a little, but I have not had a panic attack now for a few weeks and my anxiety is improving a little every day. Its still early days for you hun, it will get better its quite slow. As TJSMITH said it helps to write it down and you can see the improvements. I hope you feel better soon hun.
:hugs: