PDA

View Full Version : Sophie Cat

Speranza
18-07-13, 12:32
Hi, I knew there would be somewhere I could put this!

Sophie is my beloved, elderly cat. A couple of years ago she had a very swollen paw, which they operated on, thinking it had a foreign body in it. But it grew back - and now, every few months, the vet drains what looks like a huge blood blister on her paw pad. Occasionally it looks every angry and infected, and they give her a shot of antibees. They've analysed the contents of her paw, and can't say what it is. Doesn't appear to be cancer; it may be a weird blood vessel which leaks into the pad.

Sophie had a sister, Moppet (they were Rescue cats) who died at 13 after chasing a Boxer dog off the premises - she went into heart failure the next day. She was a real character and very possessive of me. Sophie, although they were NOT friends, pined badly and I had to give her lots of TLC and we have become devoted to each other over the last five years. She 'nursed' me when I was alone after surgery, and we sit in the evenings by candlelight, listening to Bach, which she adores.

She is 18 now, possibly a little demented, and her paw is HUGE again, so I'm taking her to the vet this afternoon. They can't amputate paws - it would have to be the whole leg, and at 18 - no way! (The vet wouldn't do it in any case). Sadly, one day I may have to make the awful decision to have an otherwise healthy cat put down. :(

That won't be today - but I'm just posting this so that when the inevitable happens you will understand why I am so upset! There really is something about being 'middle-aged with cat' isn't there?! :huh:

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

https://www.facebook.com/gill.ashton.52/media_set?set=a.10151160874981773.423737.565646772&type=3

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

https://www.facebook.com/gill.ashton.52/media_set?set=a.10151160874981773.423737.565646772&type=3

This ought to link to an album... fingers crossed!