PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy Jolts / Zaps

fedup36
18-07-13, 14:25
I am really hoping some one could help...

I keep getting these Dizzy Zap s, all I can describe them as is a sudden jolt in my head where I feel like I'm falling. It makes me grab whatever is in front of me or if it happens when im lying down my leg goes flying up to almost stop myself.

I am so scared I am having a seizure or about to faint.. these spells are leading into panic attacks. Some days I have no jolts and others I have like 10 a day...

Please help!

Speranza
18-07-13, 14:38
These are totally normal, my brain-scientist daughter assures me they are just excess bits of energy firing off and nothing to worry about.

yenool
18-07-13, 17:00
Sound a bit like the 'brain zaps' you get when taking SSRI antidepressants or withdrawing from them. Have you ever taken this kind of medication?

Widely known about and not serious anyway.

sarahsarah
18-07-13, 17:05
I know exactly what you mean, FedUp36. I have these occasionally and they were quite scary at first but they don't bother me any more. Come to think of it, I haven't had one in ages (touch wood) xx

Forgot to add I am not on any SSRIs

fedup36
18-07-13, 17:10
Nope, never taken any medication for it... I've been offered but wanted to try the natural route and CBT which did work however when I get these Zaps I am back to square one! Unfortunately I looked it up on google and I've convinced myself I am about to have a full blown seizure :(

Its just the oddest sensation, feels like I am dropping not a fainting sensation but only happens for a split second and I continue to feel woozy for a good hour. Only happens when I am sitting or lying down as well which is weird!

Thanks for your replies btw, I am new to this forum :)

mummyanxious
18-07-13, 21:48
When my anxiety was at its height years back I used to get these a lot. Horrible. I would dread walking down the street because I knew I'd have one

Sydney100
18-07-13, 22:10
Hi feup36 please read my previous posts. I experience exact same thing. Scary I know but I'm still here lol xx

anxityman
18-07-13, 22:15
i have zaps of pain shoot through diff. part of my head then i get a major headache
the palms of my hands feel like they are on fire

anyoneelse have this prob.

fedup36
23-07-13, 11:57
I don't get odd shooting pain in my head, when my anxiety was at its worse I was getting like a burning scalp.

My dizzy zaps seemed to of subsided but now I keep getting odd head pressure and sensations down the back of my head..

I am trying to make sure I breathe properly but still feeling a bit lost like i'm never going to get better :(