PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia Sub-Forum

Rain
18-07-13, 16:29
A while ago I asked if we could have an Agoraphobia Section on the forum because a lot of our members are agoraphobic. I was told that there were too many sub-forums already and that a ‘rethink’ of the forums was in process.

I started a thread instead for sufferers called ‘2013 Agoraphobia Thread.’ This thread has been running now for 5 months or to be precise, 153 days. In that time it has had 13,428 views. This means it is viewed on average 87 times a day.

I believe that adds up to a lot of people affected by this particular issue. I hope no one minds if I now resubmit my request to have a sub-forum for this type of panic. I believe it has been shown that there is a need for it.

steveo
18-07-13, 16:51
I would have to agree with you Rain. I would love a sub thread for Agoraphobia. I would bet alot of money that more people would want to discuss issues with agoraphobia than alot of the other threads.

nomorepanic
18-07-13, 21:35
Rain & Steve

I will be creating one. I was going to do it a few weeks ago then have been really busy.
Watch this space as they say.

Just an aside - the view account is not necessarily "real" people viewing it. Most are robots scanning the site for search engines.

Rain
18-07-13, 22:25
Thanks Nic.

steveo
18-07-13, 22:27
Nic you're a wonderful person!! If I wasn't locked up in a psychiatric ward right now I'd give you a hi-five! x

nomorepanic
18-07-13, 23:21
Awww Steve - sending you loads of hugs

Are you ok with it being under Phobias as I was going to add Emetophobia there as well

flossie
19-07-13, 07:52
Just to add to the headache of what to put where - if emetaphobia was put in the agoraphobia bit then that would stop me taking part in the agoraphobia threads. As an emetaphobic I try to avoid that section as just seeing the titles doesn't help me with managing it.
It's probably a case of you can't please everyone.

steveo
19-07-13, 08:41
Thanks Nic!

I don't mind personally where on the forum it goes. It's whatever is easiest with yourself.

Wow Flossie! I had no idea how debilitating emetophobia was! That must be awful for you!

Col
19-07-13, 10:01
Fantastic news nic x

A NEED FOR THIS ESPECIALLY AS FOR MOST AGROPHOBICS THIS IS THEIR PRIMARY WAY OF COMMUNICATING WITH THE WORLD AS THEY SPEND MOST TIME AT HOME.

RichUK
19-07-13, 10:10
Just to add to the headache of what to put where - if emetaphobia was put in the agoraphobia bit then that would stop me taking part in the agoraphobia threads. As an emetaphobic I try to avoid that section as just seeing the titles doesn't help me with managing it.

Having read the above, it is my understanding that Nic intends to create two sub-forums inside the 'Phobia' forum (see the 'Symptoms' forum as an example of this), therefore you should be able to access threads pertaining to agoraphobia without encountering threads concerning emetophobia. Potentially, whilst navigating to the 'Agoraphobia' forum, you may find yourself tempted to visit the 'Emetophobia' forum, so perhaps it would be wise to create a bookmark which directs you to the appropriate forum immediately or exclude the 'Emetophobia' forum from view - which can be achieved by altering your account/profile options (specifically, 'Miscellaneous Options').

As a sufferer of agoraphobia myself, a dedicated forum would be most welcome! Greatly appreciated, Nic. Thanks!

flossie
19-07-13, 11:58
I'd forgotten I can block parts of the forum. Thanks for the reminder.:yesyes:

venusbluejeans
19-07-13, 12:31

It would be 2 different sub sections under the Phobias section.....so totally different 'forums' just under the umbrella of phobias.

nomorepanic
19-07-13, 14:51
2 new forums now created

flossie
19-07-13, 15:22
I've just had a look. Thank you.

steveo
19-07-13, 16:01
Thank you so much for that Nic! xxx

nomorepanic
19-07-13, 18:12
You are welcome