PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone's health anxiety focus more on there kids?

lisak789
19-07-13, 00:35
I know for me that my health anxiety is more towards something happening or being wrong with my kids, no matter what the doctors tell me I never believe them. I am sure it steams from having lost a baby. I just wanted to know if anyone else goes through this.

mummyanxious
19-07-13, 00:44
You know what, I am the most rational person when it comes to the kids. They barely see me at the dr with them. Wish I could apply the same perspective to myself!

anxityman
19-07-13, 02:15
i feel like somethings going to happen to me so i can't be around for my kids

mel1972
19-07-13, 04:27
I'm exactly the same, having lost both of my parents within the last 4 yrs - and being a single parent I am soo scared about leaving my kids.. Even though they are 20 and 19 the thought is just unbearable sometimes!
And as every symptom is something, I worry a lot! So you are not alone in your concerns.

Meewah
21-04-14, 12:12
A lot of worry. It culminates in health anxiety times 5 (4 family members) I some times feel that as the man around the house that i am the one that people come to if they are worried about health issues. I struggle with myself never mind all the additional worry caused by being part of a family unit. Feel overwhelmed sometimes. I keep myself up worrying about multiple issues and if they are a sign of a deeper health problem.

The only thing that keeps me here is the worry of what it would feel like for my kids to loose a parent and I would never want that for them as I love them to bits.

Mee

RoseEve
21-04-14, 23:17
I worry about my kids health as well as my own. I'd rather be ill then my kids though.

Worried 24/7
22-04-14, 03:11
I worry about myself and my kids. I inspect their rashes and lumps like I'm gonna food the answer written in it....Then I worry about leaving them behind if something happens to me. The other day I was visualizing what would happen if I found out I was dying. Would I tell the kids ahead of time or let them be happy till I was gone? Then I was like, WHY AM I EVEN THINKING THIS AND DOING THIS TO MYSELF????? So i turned my thoughts to something else. I'm now trying to quit picking at them or acting irrational around them cuz I'm scared I'm gonna scar them for life:/

Stressed32
29-04-14, 14:34
Yes! I worry just as much, if more, about my kids! I hate bloodwork bc the doctors don't call when there is not a problem and that gets my mins spinning terribly! I had a dr. Hold my bloodwork for 10 days before noticing there was a thyroid issue and it made me lose a baby bc I was pregnant at the time. Now, I just don't trust dr very easy so when my kids r sick, I'm terrified they r overlooking something. I hate my health anxiety!

realworrier
29-04-14, 15:49
When my kids are poorly I panic. I was concerned for a while that my little boy had autism. I also pushed my husband to the Dr's because I was concerned about a mole on his neck. He wasn't but I kept going on at him and booked the appointment and drove him there he had to.

My worries are that if I die who will look after them.