PDA

View Full Version : Is 'stuck thoughts' anxiety??

TheScript
19-07-13, 10:25
I'm having these stuck thoughts that won't go away. Things like song lyrics replaying in my brain. Thoughts that pop up in my mind, thoughts that i can't stop thinking about. I even repeat my own name in my mind sometimes or make myself remember passwords or math equations to see if my brain is still working correctly and i remember things.

The more i try not to think about the thoughts more i think about it. Sometimes i wake up in the morning and the same thought pops up.. i think i've been thinking about it so much that it just keeps popping up? it's weird..

I have all the other anxiety symptoms but this one is really bothering me lately. It makes me scared that i'm going mad??

Speranza
19-07-13, 17:55
I don't usually get that but I recognise it, so I don't think you are going mad!

Stormsky
19-07-13, 19:03
Sounds OCD.. Brain stuck in gear, not moving on..
I could have wrote your post, been through same myself in past.
The more you try to push the thoughts, the more they come..
The more you fear them, the more they come.
95% of the thoughts you have tomorrow, will be the same as today's, that's why you awake and there they all are still !
Time to change what you think about!

Justin1973
19-07-13, 19:10
OH! I get this *sigh*. It comes in the form of worry; worrying about something that coming up or something I have to do. The thought get stuck in my head, I obsess and ruminate on it. It's the cause of my anxiety. I just need to leave things be and just get on with the moment.

It's hard going though. I know what you mean.

inCOGnito
19-07-13, 21:04
I get this too. It's something i'm working on.

I bet you do a lot of mind activity during the day, day in day out, like being a student, playing on your phone, surfing the internet, problem solving, etc.

I think part of the reason is that the mind is conditioned (ie trained) to be in 'thinking mode'. We've got into the habit of thinking. Potential solution here is to put down the phone and computer, take time out from stimulating the mind, and meditating.

Another part of the cause is;

(a) believing thoughts (which means you analyse them further)
(b) seeing it as a problem to be worked out (which is just more thinking)
(c) worrying about it or other things (which leads to problem solving)
(d) Giving yourself things to work out or solve (which initiates the thinking process)