PDA

View Full Version : Please please help

Gemmal
19-07-13, 23:30
I done the unthinkable : I googled I can't believe I am sitting in on a Friday night googling lymphoma .
I am so depressed !

Someone please tell me that after 18 months I would not be fit and well with lymphoma ! I can't believe I have been worrying about this for so long . I have a little pea sized lump on my neck .

Speranza
19-07-13, 23:34
You just told yourself. I get those - I think the doctor told me it was a tiny gland, but it's so long since I thought about it, I've forgotten.

Anyway I haven't died of it.

Try googling 'Tiny lump neck chair' - it might be a Googlewhack! (= Only turns up one search result, tho usually it's just two words I think). But you get my drift, We will find whatever we google, it's like an electronic demonstration of the Law of Attraction.

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

over 67 million results! LOLOLOLOL

Gemmal
19-07-13, 23:40
Speranza thank you for your reply ! You are so right ! I will find whatever I want to on google .

Time to cold turkey on the nodes I think !

mummyanxious
19-07-13, 23:40
I've fit them in my neck too, been there years.

maltahypo
20-07-13, 03:13
Gemmal, doctors are not concerned wkth lumps smaller than 2.5 cm. Also larger lumpz could be an infection....not necessarily C. Also when something is wrong, things get worse quickly and not stay the same for months.

joelhall
20-07-13, 10:24
Depends on the type. Obviously with Hodgkin's disease or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma you'd probably be dead by now. However, it takes roughly 30-100 years to die from Google-diagnosed lymphoma ;)

Masqued
20-07-13, 10:35
I have glands in my neck from Glandular Fever 10 years ago. No biggie.

peelio81
20-07-13, 11:08
I got a bad virus a good few years ago now and still have lumps on my neck, went to the doctors several times convinced i had lymphoma until one doctor let me feel his neck and he had the exact same. He said that sometimes when your glands swell up due to infection they just don't go back to normal, kinda like scar tissue. If it was something more serious you would know it, your fine :)

Speranza
20-07-13, 11:56
Depends on the type. Obviously with Hodgkin's disease or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma you'd probably be dead by now. However, it takes roughly 30-100 years to die from Google-diagnosed lymphoma ;)

:roflmao::lisa::bighug1:

rb1978
20-07-13, 23:09
I have a small lump in my neck that I convinced myself was lymphoma. I googled it and flew into a panic. I went to the doctor and cried in the consulting room because I was dying.

The doctor told me it felt like a gland and lots of peoplle have small lumps in their necks.

7 years on....it hasnt grown and I'm still alive :-)