PDA

View Full Version : OCD

pasqually
20-07-13, 04:00
Hello I have ocd and I have been taking care of my elderly mother and her husband! My partner and I just planned to stay for the winter to take care of my Mom but ended up quitting our jobs and are staying longer! My mother is very difficult and her husband is no help I am not only take care of my Mother but catering to her husband also I am very stressed out and just started taking Prozac was taking Celexa before was having like an emotionally break down I don't know or caregiver burnout just feeling like overwhelm and feel like I want to run away from everyone, crying a lot angry etc can anyone please give me some advice??

katz41
20-07-13, 04:28
hi pasqually, am in similar situation, except no partner, i am carer for my 80 year old mother who is thankfully mentally alert but physically not so good, diabetic, partially sighted through macular degeneration and generally knackered knees and legs, nerve damage so v bad on legs, independent but to the point of beign potentially unsafe, tries to do too muchet c etc
love her to bits but it does stress me out - i do try and help ie doing heavy household chores, looking after garden, she gets really wound up about things, which in turn winds me up, sometimes we do clash, but not often but ocd and mega anxiety making me v snappy, try not to let off steam but soemtimes cant be helped!!
work wise, work in admin role, surrounded by psycho bitches from hell! some colleagues are lovely others are pain in a*se!! some days they are fine with me others they seem to hate my guts!! feel like i am being bullied by a select few, lovely eh!
dont want to say anything in case it is just me beign anxious and hypersensitive??
starting takling therapy on tues..again. last person i saw 3 years ago was crap and put me off totally but i at least have tog giive it another go
had ocd for 30 odd years
not in a great position to give advice, except to nag your gp as mine is crap about mental health issues...
arrghh sorry not in a great place right now, in chat room if you want to natter and off load
hugs kazzxxx

pasqually
20-07-13, 04:42
Well the thing is we canceled our weekend for my Mom Just feeling like I am going crazy crying all the time etc

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

I was really stressed out while I was on celexa also and it happen a couple of times where I was feeling like I was going crazy crying and all that stuff Iam going into my fourth week on Prozac 20 mg

katz41
20-07-13, 04:44
i've not taken prozac, my gp was reluctant to prescribe it, but im on cipramil, think that is your celexa, its rubbish
i know how you feel, the role of carer can be v stressful, is there anyone else who could step in and give you a break?

pasqually
20-07-13, 04:58
No not at the moment all my other brothers and sisters don't want too!

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

My Partner is stressed out because I am crabby and crying well a plain B you what I mean he is bored and tired of staying here can't blame him.

katz41
20-07-13, 05:07
No not at the moment all my other brothers and sisters don't want too!

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

My Partner is stressed out because I am crabby and crying well a plain B you what I mean he is bored and tired of staying here can't blame him.

hi pasqually, your other brothers and sisters cannot expect you to take sole responsibility can your partner talk to them? if its making you ill, someone will have to step inxx:hugs: