PDA

View Full Version : blood test result (new member)

nikik
20-07-13, 07:16
So i had 2 swollen lymph nodes in a groin for a month and a half and I went to the doc he said its pretty common in young adults , and its harmless.. did a blood test , fbc , and ESR. ( I lost weight a year ago, now touching myself felt something..) (I had a runny nose ..and some thing kinda like a cold before this)

I also gained 3-4 kg since I felt these swollen lymph nodes.. also had work outs like crazy .

ESR was 2 , those red cells or something were 160, lymphoocites were 30 something % , white blood cells were 9.1 (the doctor told me the limit was 11 at their lab).. And said that I was completely healthy

but I thought that the lymph had gotten larger , went to him about it (a month and a half after the blood test) , he touched them again and he said they are the same , and that I should chill, but I constatly keep touching them poking them squeezing..

So i have them 3 months and a half I think, and they are both smaller than 1 cm ( one is almost undetectable you have to really look for it too feel it..)

Also these months I have had diarhea , muscle twitching , constatipation , all of the things you could possible imagine.. I am athletic work out, eat healthy (3 months aago I changed my diet a bit so I think that could be it too..)

opinions? (I get scared too much about cancers, have epidermal cyst on my testicle.. thought that was cancer, also had this lump on neck and thought that was cancer for 6 months then I was ok, now after a year those fears are back.. :( )

considering I am 18 years old , what could those lymph nodes indicate other than testicular cancer that I read on dr google that is the most common in my age groups :(

sorry if it is posted in the wrong section

Speranza
20-07-13, 12:24
They could be perfectly innocent and you may have health anxiety.

Mose
23-07-13, 03:25
I would trust your doctor! My father has suffered with HA for a long time and when he was my age he poked and prodded the lymph nodes on his neck so much that the swelled up to the size of a softball and it turned out to be nothing. It was literally his fault. If he says its all In the normal range then don't worry about it, and remember that its JUST A RANGE, people fall outside of them quite often and are considered healthy.

Stop poking yourself! It wont get any better if you keep touching it and as for the epidermal cyst I also have one above my right testicle. I had 2 doctors tell me it was normal and that you should only really worry if you find a lump ON the testicle it self, and even then odds are very low its testicular cancer.

Sounds like you have some HA, the stomach issues could very well be associated with constantly nervous all the time. In my case I was crapping my pants every day when I had full blown panic attacks, Don't be afraid to counseling if you are obsessive over this, it helps tediously.

Good luck!