PDA

View Full Version : Help - stop me googling

Humly
13-10-06, 09:46
My latest thing is that yesterday I seemed to be going to the toilet for a wee loads of times. I must have gone about 10 times and I really didn't have that much to drink. So I am going into overdrive and worrying that I have got something wrong with my bladder (cancer of course). I did google the symptoms but didn't look too much because I know it is bad for you so I am here instead. I know that anxiety can cause this and I have been quite stressed lately, but I dont feel much better knowing this. Anyone else suffer from this? How long should I wait before running down to the docs? Only last week I was upset about something else and I was telling my husband that it was not because of health worries and here I am now with this. I could swear!

reddevil
13-10-06, 09:59
Hi,

I suffered from frequent urination for 6 months and it was all down to anxiety.
I used to go dozens of times during the day, even though I had not drunk anything (something to do with fight or flight).
I went for all tests as I thought I had the dreaded C word and google also told me I had the C word.
All tests were normal and it was just anxiety.

Please do not google, it took me months to see what google was doing to me, it's not worth it, always see your doctor rather then google.

Red

candie
13-10-06, 10:00
hiya,i get this all the time,especially at the time of my period or times of bad anxiety.Try not to worry its just the anxiety thats all and please STOP GOOGLING!!! I used to google everything all the time and all it does is make you feel worse,trust me.When you start to feel better(and you will),all the symptons that make you feel crap(including the wee thing)will start to subside.Please try not to worry.Take care,Candie xx:)

honeybee3939
13-10-06, 10:06
Hi

Im another one thats always running to the Loo, its definatley Anxiety LT try not to worry !I have only been out of bed 2 hours and had to run to the loo 4 times already ! I am even worse when i know i am going outdoors, the nerves set in and i am up and down the stairs to the loo constantly !

Ahh well at least it keeps me fit !!

Try not to worry

Love

Andrea
xxxx

manmoor
13-10-06, 10:49
Hi Lt,

Pleaseeeeeeeeeee do not google. I went through a bad patch with google and it did my head in because it doesn't matter what symptom you type in google theres a 100% chance theres a type of cancer for that symptom. Well done you for coming here to the forum instead.

Take Care

Mandyxx

ruthb1
13-10-06, 11:28
HI ,

GOOOGLING IS A BAD THING WHEN YOU HAVE GOT ANXIETY BECUAE WHATEVER YOUR SYPMTON YOU WILL FIND TWENTY OTHER THINGS AT THE SAME TIME AND BEFORE YOU NO IT YOU HAVE GOT BRAIN TUMOURS, (WHICH I HAVE HAD 10) CANCER ( I HAVE HAD THAT MUST BE 20 TIMES) HEART ATTACKS ( I HAVE HAD 40 OF THEM ) YOUR MIND WILL TAKE OVER HUN,

TAKE CARE

ANY HELP YOU WANT, OR THE NEXT TIME YOU START GOOGLING JUST PM ME AND WE WILL TRY AND HELP YOU, ITS HARD BUT WORTH IT IN THE END

TAKE CARE

RUTH

with2kidsnow
13-10-06, 11:33
I know what you mean. I'm sitting on my hands at this momet trying to keep myself from googling. My mom has been having some pelvic pain and of course I diagnosed her with ovarian cancer, but now I got a thought about fallopian tube cancer and am fighting the urge to goolgle! Seems like when I do I can always find sites that confirm what I'm thinking and Imanage to ignore all the sites that suggest anything less serious so I know where you are coming from! Hang in there!

Sheik N Shimmy
13-10-06, 11:47
Hi LT,

I found Google great for finding out 'what was wrong with me'.

It is also great because I found this forum from a simple search for sites that might help me recover from the mental mess I was one year ago because of 'what was wrong with me'.

Prior to that though I had used it to diagnose my various ailments.

Based on my symptoms I diagnosed myself with lung, bowel, throat, tonsillar, mouth, bone, thyroid, colo-rectal, laryngeal and Oesophagal cancer. Google also helped me diagnose diabetes, peripheral artery disease, a stroke, cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, spleen and pancreas problems, lymphoma (both Hodgkins and NHL), lung fibrosis, emphysema, adult asthma and anaemia (which was the result of some undiscovered underlying serious disease).

Google helped me read the harrowing tales of other people who were suffering from the same conditions. It also helped me read tales of survivors (but I could never really see myself surviving the diseases I had).

Google helped me read the prognosis and the survival rates for each of the conditions. This gave me some hope at the time. But then I started to think that the cumulative effect of all the conditions would leave me with virtually no chance of living much longer.

Despite discovering I had all of the above I didn't feel that bad to be honest. But it did get me down for months on end.

The funny thing was that blood tests, x-rays and CT scans all came back clear. My GP told me that there was nothing wrong with me - that I was 'inherently healthy'.

Then the Barium Swallow test caused some consternation in the ENT department. I was suffering from GERD (Acid Reflux) - possibly a hiatal hernia and probably IBS too. "No problem. I can live with this." I said as I kissed the nurse on the way out the door (he didn't mind too much[Ugh]).

I'm still 'recovering' from a bout of anxiety and depression that nearly sent me off the rails. Life is good though. Would I change what has happened? Probably not.... because I appreciate life and the important things in life all the more now. When I look at my kids now I don't say that the poor things won't have a dad next year.... I try to appreciate every moment I have with them now.

For that I suppose I can thank Google... but six months ago I'd have campaigned to shut the search engine down. Google should carry a health warning regarding 'cyber symptom surfing'.

E ;)

.....now let's see, what if I type in 'Acid Reflux Underlying Causes' - what will that turn up.......

Keep On Keepin On

yorkylover
13-10-06, 15:19
Hi LT I actually put a post in about weeing all the time.Its anxiety with me.I had all the tests done and they were all clear.Its not there all the time,so I know its not serious.Try not to google,I used to use books years ago and looked up all the symptoms bad mistake.My anxiety got much worse because of this.Please try and stop googling,there are so many illnesses that have very similar symptoms.:);):)

Ellen XX

net
13-10-06, 15:26
i had to have tests for weeing a lot but it ended up being anxiety related

DONT GOOGLE

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

matilda
13-10-06, 20:32
PLEASE dont google i feel sooo much better now i have stopped!!

GAD
13-10-06, 21:32
Hi LT

I spent months googling symptoms and I always believed the worst possible scenario. Its a nightmare, like everyone has said whatever you search there will always be some sort of connection to some terrible illness.. I think it took me so much longer to actually believe that it was anxiety i suffered from rather than anything else. Please stay away from the health searches as i beieve it will add to your anxiety and slow your recovery.

Michelle.

Humly
15-10-06, 10:21
Thanks for the replies. I am NOT going to Google any more but will come here instead, as long as no one minds me moaning on all the time. Thank you everyone. I dont know what I would do without you.

MissChampers
16-10-06, 14:01
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">HI ,

GOOOGLING IS A BAD THING WHEN YOU HAVE GOT ANXIETY BECUAE WHATEVER YOUR SYPMTON YOU WILL FIND TWENTY OTHER THINGS AT THE SAME TIME AND BEFORE YOU NO IT YOU HAVE GOT BRAIN TUMOURS, (WHICH I HAVE HAD 10) CANCER ( I HAVE HAD THAT MUST BE 20 TIMES) HEART ATTACKS ( I HAVE HAD 40 OF THEM ) YOUR MIND WILL TAKE OVER HUN,

TAKE CARE

lol yes you're not wrong! So far this year i've had Liver disease, lung cancer, a stroke and until a couple of months ago I thought I had multiple sclerosis which just turned out to be an allergy of some kind. I know it's not funny but coming here and reading everyone's messages has been a breath of fresh air for me. I thought I was the only person in the world that thinks there's always something wrong with me and it gives me comfort fo know i'm not.

ANY HELP YOU WANT, OR THE NEXT TIME YOU START GOOGLING JUST PM ME AND WE WILL TRY AND HELP YOU, ITS HARD BUT WORTH IT IN THE END

TAKE CARE

RUTH

<div align="right">Originally posted by ruthb1 - 13 October 2006 : 11:28:19</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

"It doesn't matter who you are, it's what you do that takes you far"

Ballandalloch
16-10-06, 19:10
'Google' your Doctor instead. Its what they are there for. Everytime I had a symptom/worry I would (and still do sometimes) go to him and get him to explain things. We kind of had a deal. I would google him and not on the computer and he in turn would not mind spending 15 mins of his day explaining things to me. I would leave feeling reassured. Who can say they are ever that when Googling on the internet?