PDA

View Full Version : hi gad suffers please help

katyjohnstone
21-07-13, 00:24
hi why do I get the aniuexty so bad will it ever stop really scared

cristine
21-07-13, 08:04
Which is the worst bit for you?- for me it's the panic attacks and tiredness! plus not knowing why I get this anxiety? :hugs:

Kim51
21-07-13, 09:09
Which is the worst bit for you?- for me it's the panic attacks and tiredness! plus not knowing why I get this anxiety? :hugs:

It's the not knowing why that gets me too. A few weeks back I was completely house bound now I can get out a bit, some places I am ok and others completely freak me out and I just cannot pin point the reason why, which in turn causes more stress because I try to fathom out the reasons. :hugs:

LollyPolly
21-07-13, 11:10
katy i wish i could help hon :hugs: unfortunately i'm one of the ones still suffering and this is a question i've often asked myself. are you using any techniques i.e breathing exercises, meditation, distraction ?

kim i defo know the feeling :(
i went to the park yesterday and i was ok-ish on the way but when i saw the crowd i started getting anxious... i kept asking myself what is it that scares me about the crowd... thought maybe underneath it all i am insecure and have little self esteem and having to face a crowd makes things worse. but although my confidence has taken a big hit since PA, I don't feel this is the reason.

the two reasons i could think of, but not sure 100%:

1. the noise. somehow since it all started, noises seem to affect me a lot. as if my brain cannot just recognise it as background noise and ignore it, but it 'pays attention' to each detail separately and so i get this wave of sounds and loud noises which first makes me uncomfortable and then gets me in a panic. no concerts me anytime soon i'd say.

2. the fear of losing control. this is something that i've been struggling with for a while. fear of 'going crazy' in public. GAD brought in this fear that one day i'll cross the line. That one moment I will be in 'reality' and then suddenly I'll have the one PA which will actually drive me crazy as in, crossing the line to loony world. And so I developed this fear that it will happen and I will be in public or at work and i'll scream or rip my clothes or have hallucinations and so on. And each anxiety attack feels like it is 'the one' to make me cross over... bleah!