PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

LollyPolly
21-07-13, 09:53
Right this is a bit of a funny one... Started Citalopram 2 days ago but I don't really feel anything, just a tiny bit of itchiness and i've been 'chewing my face' a little.

Now I know that people get worried with the side effects, but the GAD following me makes me worry about not having side effects also :shrug:

I previously tried Sertraline and god it hit me 30 min after the first half pill! I had all he side effects in the world and stopped after 10 days as I couldn't bear them.

So far Citalopram doesn't seem to give me much trouble. My question is, have you ever been on anything without getting the side effects? Or is it that these simply don't work with me?

I know its early days but based on my previous experience I just can't believe that medication can come without side effects, even at the beginning.

Thanks,

Spot-the-frog
21-07-13, 17:09
Not everyone has side effects. A few years ago I took Paroxetine and had no side effects whatsoever, and I took them for a couple of years.

LollyPolly
22-07-13, 09:15
hope i'm one of those with no SE ... thx

Emphyrio
22-07-13, 20:59
When I first took meds back in 2003 they had no side effects that I can remember. Its possible that I was prescribed a placebo, but I did stop taking them after 2 months and then was hit with a really bad bout of anxiety a month or so afterwards - so I guess they were real.

Now, I'm ten years older, and I get hit with a load of side effects even on a quarter of the starting dose. I guess it depends on the individual really!