PDA

View Full Version : Heatwave, anxiety and fatigue

dorabella
21-07-13, 11:55
I don't think I am alone in having felt quite anxious during the recent heatwave. Found the last week quite stressful as I hate the hot humid weather - it makes my fibromyalgia worse with consequent aching and painful muscles and joints, tension headaches and stuffy sinuses, and generally feeling somewhat wrung out with it all.

However, with the last couple of days of cool breezy weather when I would have expected to have felt some relief from it all, I am feeling like a lead weight, even more anxious and a bit panicky and so fatigued that I could just lie on the sofa and doze all day.

Probably it is just the accumulation of stress and its aftermath but I wondered if anyone else is feeling this way?

MelinaJane
21-07-13, 14:19
Have to say i'm feeling exactly the same too :weep: I can't stand the summer but this heatwave is something else! I tend to get hot and bothered when i'm panicky anyway but i feel like this all the time now because of the weather. Think i'm developing hayfever as I can barely breath - but it's prob just panic.

I'm intending on dozing on the sofa too so your not alone!! Hot weather is difficult enough to cope with in healthy people but if you have anxiety and fibromyalgia it's bound to be more difficult. My husband has M.E. and he has certainly been struggling more because of the weather.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Magic
21-07-13, 15:28
I have been feeling just the same. My ankles swell awful when it is hot and I can feel the water wobberling in my feet.
Must be awful for M.E and fibromyaglia sufferers
I too hope you feel better soon:)

dorabella
21-07-13, 17:19
Thanks for the replies - glad to know I'm not alone in this. Luckily I don't have the problem with swelling or the awfulness of ME so can just about keep going.

Needless to say, I'm working from home tomorrow - no way I will set foot out of the door in London temperatures of 30 degrees plus - at least that is until the sun has gone down. My office has no air con!

MelinaJane
21-07-13, 17:39
Thanks for the replies - glad to know I'm not alone in this. Luckily I don't have the problem with swelling or the awfulness of ME so can just about keep going.

Needless to say, I'm working from home tomorrow - no way I will set foot out of the door in London temperatures of 30 degrees plus - at least that is until the sun has gone down. My office has no air con!

Good idea - is suppose to be really hot in London tomorrow. My poor hubby is at a funeral there tomorrow and i'm not envious of him having to wear a full black suit in it :doh:

Just Some Guy
22-07-13, 14:43
Nope you're not alone. I found myself getting a little emotional when I heard on the radio this morning that the heat wave is supposed to break soon and we'll get some rain and cooler weather. :blush:

My anxiousness and panic attacks have stemmed from passing out on a train before it started getting hot, so my symptoms haven't been helped by having to travel on them in this danged heat every day.

As for the fatigue, heat will do that to you anyway...throw anxiety into the mix and it's a surprise you're awake at all! :)

MelinaJane
22-07-13, 16:23
Nope you're not alone. I found myself getting a little emotional when I heard on the radio this morning that the heat wave is supposed to break soon and we'll get some rain and cooler weather. :blush:

So glad i'm not the only one who had tears of relief when hearing the cooler weather is coming!!:yesyes:

calliope
22-07-13, 20:35
I'm new to this but was going to post about how the 30+ degree weather was getting me down here in London. Today I really hit a wall with it, as It's so humid and airless and I feel like i'm walking around with a boiled head. The heat addles my brains and I too swell up. I'm just so fed up with it and wish it would hurry up and drop to a more manageable temperature.

dorabella
22-07-13, 21:56
I'm with Calliope on this - absolutely dreadful down in London tonight - in fact the inside temperature in my flat which is normally a cool breezy place is still 29 degrees.

Feeling less panicky today and looking forward to the downpours promised for tomorrow. I'm going to go out and stand in it when it does and get thoroughly soaked!

Roll on the autumn -can't come soon enough for me.